Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undesirable impact of Std role 'Manager' while routing to occupied Position

Former Member
0 Kudos

As specified at the following link

http://mailman.mit.edu/pipermail/sap-wug/2005-December/020717.html

A new entry was created in table T77S0 by using t-code 00V2, with the following values.

GRPID=WFLOW, SEMID=VAPOS, and GSVAL=X

So that vacant positions can be avoided.

We were successful to avoid routing at vacant positions, but ever since this has been configured, the relationship ‘A – 002’ [Reports (Line) to] has lost its precedence in standard role ‘Manager’ [t-code PFAC, role ‘00000157’].

For example,

Before making the changes in T77S0, the Manager for any position ‘X’ [whose relationship ‘A-002’ was maintained with another position ‘Y’ which was not the Chief ‘Z’] was being correctly evaluated by the standard role ‘00000157’ [Manager].

After the changes in T77S0, standard role ‘00000157’ [Manager] is showing an awkward behavior by only returning the Chief ‘Z’ of the org. Unit for that position ‘X’ even though it has its relationship ‘A-002’ maintained with position ‘Y’.

Can anyone help to fix this issue, so that both the constraints can be simultaneously achieved i.e.

1. Routing to occupied position

2. Relationship ‘A-002’ should have its precedence over the Chief

Many thanks,

Bilal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

KKilhavn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree it is more of an HR-ish issue, but the HR people probably won't touch it with a 7-metre pole (7 metres, approx. 20 feet, is as far as I recall the standard measure of poles with which you don't want to touch things - but I digress...)

By studying the function module behind the rule (rule 157 that is) it seems to be a fairly quick job to find the code sections that are influenced by the flag. My guess is that you will have to modify the standard code - this probably "works as designed".

Include LRHWOF02 has form GET_LEADING_POS_OF_POS where the following is found

*   t.sch. 10.02.03
*   read status of switch wflow vapos
    IF NOT gv_sw_vapos IS INITIAL.
[...]
    ELSE.
*   Attention: delete all positions which have an A 002 relation
      LOOP AT temp_positions.
        DELETE rema_positions WHERE plvar = temp_positions-plvar
                              AND   objid = temp_positions-objid.
      ENDLOOP.
    ENDIF.

The value of gv_sw_vapos is checked in one of the other forms of that include as well. Of course this may not be all the places the flag has an influence, but it looks like a good start to me. Examining it further is up to you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This looks more like a HRish issue to me, I would suggest you to post it in that forum as well.

Good Luck

Ravi