cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP OO BOR export parameter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, All!

I am beginner at ABAP OO in workflow and get a problem with using BOR in OO methods. Exporting parameter of the method typed as OBJ_RECORD. In workflow builder (method container) this parameter displays as reference to BOR, but has not exact type of the BOR. Task container parameter has not type of BOR too.

If i trying to change task or method container parameter - system returns it back and not saves binding.

I need instructions, how to mount BOR type for method parameters.

Thanks,

Constantine

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

surjith_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can pls explain your scenario for which you are using this ABAP OO.

Regards,

Surjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Surjith, It's very simple.

This object prepare data for user (two step entering). At first step OO method create object "in dark" mode, at next step user entering missed data in change mode. At second step I used standard BOR's, without extension, at first my own class.

It seems strange, but it makes development result very compact and well structured.

I passed missing BOR types by manual assignment in task to model binding, this approach not course technical problems. But it is not looks pretty.

Regards,

Constantine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Konstantine

In future please search the blogs/forums first before posting a new thread, there are some great blogs on ABAP OO in workflow by Jocelyn Dart, <a href="/people/jocelyn.dart/blog/2007/07/16/referencing-bor-objects-in-abap-oo-classes">this one</a> here specifically covers your issue. The rest of the blogs on this topis are quite intersting and make OO easier to use.

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

i had read Jocelyn's blog and many others. It talks about BOR attributes for OO class, but i found nothing about parameters. May be, i can't understand something.

PS Or you advise is to set default value for export parameter, as Joselyn wrote?

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Konstantin,

I am not clear on what you have developed and are trying to do. Did you create a general method in your class to first create an instance of an BOR on the background and then present it in change mode to the user? So you want to use it for any BOR? Maybe you should explain a bit more and give some code (using the code button).

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Martin,

there is many methods in my OO class (like prepare something and create something).

In create method last raws like

swc_create_object ex_changemaster c_bortype_changemaster l_objkey. 
** error handling 
endmethod.

In example, ex_changemaster has not BOR type in method and task container. And i can only control task to model binding using manual assignment. No BOR type controlled by the system.

Regards,

Konstantin