cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The question about Interface Mapping in BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am a few confused about an Interface Mapping in BPM at the Design step.

I have a task to transmit and trasform two messages of two sender file adapter to two IDOCs messages and then to send them to SAP system.

I use BPM.

But I don't understand what types of message interfaces should I use for source and target interfaces in Interface Mapping? As to the target interface I understand it must be abstract but which of interfaces exactly?

Actually there are some questions here:

1) If the source interface should be abstract or real in Interface Mapping?

2) If the target interface should be the abstract interface of Receive Step object or the abstract interface of Send Step object?

3) And what the message types should I use for the source and target message interfaces in Interface Mapping? If I understand correctly that these message types

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

in a word,very easy to understand.

there are 3 cases of interface mapping with regard to bpm.

outbound 2 abstract for receive step of bpm

abstract 2 inbound for send step of bpm.

abstract 2 abstract for transformation step of bpm.

>3) And what the message types should I use for the source and target message interfaces in Interface Mapping? If I understand correctly that these message types

anything for adapting to requirement,such as idoc,rfc ,standard message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thank You for answers!

But some things are not yet clear for me.

1) As I understand You that in my case I need only interface mapping for transformation step of BPM? Because it is neccesary to transform outbound file message in inbound IDOC.

Please correct me if I am wrong:

2) I put a message type of outbound file message in abstract interface of Receive Step of BPM?

3) I put a message type of inbound IDOC (in fact it is the specific IDOC) in abstract of Send Step of BPM?

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi igor,

you have to import the IDOC Types under the imported objects in the integration repository objects,

what are all the data that coming out from the file adapter, you design the datatype.

the target IDOC should be real and you do the mapping for the all necessary fields.

refer: --

File to IDOC:

IDOC Mapping:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm40/helpdata/en/77/a1d48b1ce06d40932e0a26f3c117ce/frameset.htm