cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copying taxes from sales order to invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am entering the taxes in my sales order.when i create F2 invoice from this sales order the price is getting copied to the invoice but not the taxes.what could be the possible reason for this?

Can anybody help me to solve this issue?Your timely support is solicited.

Reward points are assured for timely support.

Thanking you,

Best regards,

R.Srinivasan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi R.Srinivasan,

If are using the standard system's configuration, can you please provide me the followings:

a) sales doc type ( i think you mentioned it's 'OR')

b) billing doc type ( i think you mentioned it's 'F2')

c) the pricing procedure used

d) the "item category" of your item (service)

e) all the taxes "condition type" that you have entered manually in sales order

Thanks

Nicole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nichole,

plaese find the below details as given below for your persual.

a) sales doc type -ITs OR

b) billing doc type -iITs F2

c) the pricing procedure used-i am using Zinfac pricing procedure which is copied from standard JINFAC pricing procedure.

d) the "item category" of item (service) -TAD

e) All the taxes "condition type" that I have entered manually in sales order are

ZSER-Service tax 12%, ZCES-CESS tax 2% ZHCES- H.CESS tax 2%,

VAT1,VAT2 and VAT3 (12.5,4,2%).kindly suggest me a way to overcome this problem.

Best reagrds,

R.Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nichole,

my sales document type-OR

My Billing document type -F2

Pricing procedure used is from TAXINJ(JINFAC)

I am using item catagory-TAD

ZSER,ZCESS,ZHCES(namely service tax,cess and Higher education cess) are the taxes i have entered manually in my sales order.

Plaese provide your valuable suggestions to me overcome this problem.

Thankingyou,

Best Regards,

R.Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nichole

a) sales doc type -OR

b) billing doc type-F2

c) the pricing procedure used-Zinfac

d) the "item category" of your item (service) -TAD

e) all the taxes "condition type" that you have entered manually in sales order-ZSER,ZSECand ZSEH for service,cess and higher educational cess.

could you please give your suggestions to solve this problem.

Tahnking you,

Best regards,

R.Srinivasan

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi R.Srinivasan,

I have tested the configuration that I have recommended in my test system and it's working fine.

I can see my tax condition entered manually in the sales order in my billing document.

I suggest you to follow the following steps again properly:

1. Go to transaction SPRO > Sales & Dist > Billing > Billing documents > Maintain Copying control for billing documents

2. Select "Copying control: SALES DOCUMENT to BILLING DOCUMENT"

3. Click on the "Position" button and enter your 'Billing Type' with is "F2" and the 'sales doc type' which is "OR".

4. Highlight the appropriate row and click on "Item" (which is located at the left hand side of the screen).

5. Double click on the item category "TAD"

6. On the bottom left hand side of the screen, you can see "Pricing Type". Select pricing type "D" or "C" whichever

is appropriate for your case.

These are the only configurations that I able to check as the pricing procedure and condition type used are

non-standard (customised). I will assume that they have been set correctly.

-Double check

a) the item category in the sales order and billing document to ensure that it's really "TAD".

b) ensure that you are creating a billing document from a [SALES DOC] and NOT a delivery document

(because we have configured in the above 6 steps for this [sales doc --> billing doc])

Good luck!

Regards,

Nicole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr Ramanujam,

Kindly display the condition type or types used for taxes.

Kindly view the existence of an entry in the field for Invoice cycle in the field group condition control data 1.

Kindly view the equivalent activation in the billing document type definition under the field group 'split invoice indicator'.

Kindly verify whether the respective invoice cycle in the condition type has been activated in the billing type.

Regards,

K Gopidas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI GopiDas,

There Is no field termed as invoice cycle so there is no existence of an entry in the field for Invoice cycle in the field group condition control data 1.Can you suggest me what can be the reason for this problem.

Thanking you,

Best regards,

R.Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr Ramunajam,

Kindly verify for the existence of invoice cycle activation for conditions types of taxes.

Have the billing been carried out for all nine invoice cycles?.

Regards,

K Gopidas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear gopi das,

could you please detail how to do this existence of invoice cycle activation for conditions types of taxes.The billing not been carried out for all nine invoice cycle.

Thanking you,

best regards,

R.Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi R.Srinivasan,

What is the "item category" of your item (service)?

Ensure that you have maintained the correct pricing type for the correct

"item category" as mentioned in my reply earlier (step 5).

p/s: You can try Pricing type "C" or "D". Do not use pricing type "G"

Hope it works

Regards,

Nicole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nichole,

I have tried Both C and D pricing types but in vain to copy the taxes from sales order OR to invoice F2.

Can you please suggest some solution to overcome this problem.

thanking you,

Best regards,

R.Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi R.Srinivasan,

You can try the followings:

1. Go to transaction SPRO > Sales & Dist > Billing > Billing documents > Maintain Copying control for billing documents

2. Select "Copying control: Sales document to billing document" (this is from the assumption that you are creating your invoice with reference to your sales order since you mentioned that your customer is providing services)

3. Click on the "Position" button and enter your 'Billing Type' with is F2 (as you have mentioned earlier) and the 'sales doc type' from which invoice,F2 is created from (which is not mentioned in your message) and click Enter.

4. Highlight the appropriate row and click on "Item" (which is located at the left hand side of the screen).

5. Select the respective item category, and double click.

6. On the bottom left hand side of the screen, you can see "Pricing Type". Press F4 to see all allowed pricing type.

I believe the current pricing type is "G - Copy pricing element unchanged and redetermined taxes" which means that when you create your invoice with type F2 with reference to the selected sales doc type (step 3) for this item category (step 5), all other pricing element will be copied from the sales doc to this invoice BUT the taxes will be redetermined. That is the reason why your manual taxes entered in sales document is not available anymore in the invoice.

You can explore the pricing types available to select the suitable one for your case. For e.g. you might want to use pricing type "C - Copy manual pricing elements and redetermine the others"

p/s: you need to repeat steps 5 & 6 for all the respective item categories.

Hope this help

Regards,

Nicole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have tried these options but in vain.can you please suggest me any other options plaese.The options d,c,g are all having the same effect as for as the copyiong from sales order to invoice F2 is concerned.Only the prices are getting copied and not the taxes.

Your timely help is highly solicited.

Thanking you,

Best regards,

R.Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In V/06, kindly check for Condition type for Taxes you are using, Condition Class is 'D'. Then use 'G' in Pricing type field of Copy Controls at Item level.

Hope this will solve your problem.

Do reward points to helpful answers.

Regards

SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As been advised above, that taxes must not be entered manually in the Sales order. Well, check in your copy controls VTFA, in Item sub-structure choose the item category and see if in "Pricing type", Option 'B' is entered.

Since when 'B' is entered (carry out new pricing), all conditions entered manually in preceding document(s) gets wiped off. You can maintain it as 'C' which will copy the manual pricing elements and redetermine others.

Hope I've communicated properly and clearly.

Regards

SD

Message was edited by:

Samier Danish

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ramajujam

First of all, you should not enter the taxes manually in sale order. Taxes should be calculated automatically. Of course we can enter manually the other conditions but not tax. I dont know why you are entering??

Secondly, check in <b>V/08</b> - pricing procedure whether these taxes are included in that. If not, include in that and recreate a sale order.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathy,

Thankyou very much for your immediate response.

I am entering the taxes manually in sales order.the tax is calculated correctly.

After this i save this order and subsequently i create an invoice for the sales order.

here the taxes are not copied but all other details are copied.

when i enter the taxes manually in the f2 invoice the taxes are calculated correctly

and i am able to post it to the FI.Can you kindly help me to sort this problem.

Thanking you,

R.Srinivasan

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ramanujam

As I said earlier, tax codes should flow in sale order automatically and I feel that the manual entry as far as tax is concerned, is <b>NOT</b> adviceable.

Can you please let me know what type of tax codes you are entering manually.

To check that go to <b>V/06</b>, select the respective condition type and see what you have selected against the field "<b>Changes which can be made</b>". Normally if any conditions that needs to be maintained manually, the entry here should be "D".

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshimipathy,

Thankyou very much for your response.I am using the taxes manually because

for my customer requirement they are using service taxes (their product for sale is services) and in some cases they have to use VAT also because depending upon their contract terms this will also be varying.So this is the reason i am using manual condition types.

In v/06 i have choosen option C(manual entry has priority) as this is used to accomadate manual changes.option D (not possible to do manual changes)will not allow any manual changes.

Can you suggest me any other possibilty to overcome this issue.

Thanking you,

Best regards,

R.Srinivasan