cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARE-1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

After ARE-1 form creation I took the print out of ARE1 form, which contains the proper information but along with this form also I got one more printout containg

Part A - certification by the Central Excise office.

Part B - certification by the Customs office.

Part C - Export by post

Part D - Rebate sanction order.

I want to know what is the significance of these certificate & is there any information to be get captured in it from the system.

Vinod

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vinod

I will try to explain the significance of ARE-1.

In exports, we can make shipments in two ways. (1) FCL - Full Container Load and (2) LCL - Less Container Load.

For FCL shipments, the respective plant has to call the excise authorities for verification and sealing the container in the plant premise itself before leaving to Port. In this case, they will certify in <b>Part A.</b>

For LCL shipments, exporters will despatch the goods in a lorry (authorised by Customs) which will then be stuffed into a container with the vefification done by Customs officials. In this case, they will certify in <b>Part B </b>

Part C Dont have much idea about this

While doing exports, the shipments can be classfied into Drawback, Free Bill, DEPB etc., If the shipment is going under Drawback, a seperate shipping bill will be filed with Customs by the clearing agent on behalf of exporters. During the verification of such shipments, the authorities concerned will certify in <b>Part D</b>

Since in SAP, SAP itself have not provided any fields to maintain such datas, dont bother about these.

Hope this explanation will be helpful to you and if so, reward points please.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi