cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rule 168 unable to get superior

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to activate a workflow but getting error . The technical log details shows that the superior(manager) cannot be resolved in rule 168 . while testing the rule 168 I can get the superior of person by passing

Extended object id = Position

and

object type = ‘S’

but when I try to find the superior by passing

Extended object id = SAP log on name

and

object type as ‘US’

I am unable to get the superior ..

Please advice what could be the cause of it . do we need to change some HR setting ie saving relation in some info type or some thing can be done in workflow to resolve it .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing thsi thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

if it's only of standard then it will be using object type US and saplog on name ..

correct me if i am wrong ...

now i have tested the rule 168 it's not giving the results with object type US .. so some thing from HR side has to be done ? or it's from work flow side .. please advice

i am debugging the FM it seems to be some thing related to evaluation path ..

but hr team says need some more detail where they can make changes .. please advice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Does it have something to do with SAP Note : 746188? Have you checked that?

Warm Regards,

Jubish

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>can i make standard workflow and rule 168 to work with user number (P) .</b>

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, but you can copy the standard and change it accordingly.

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

it is all related to standard work flow 20000050 of travel request .so should the problem of binding should occur ? i have checked the binding's all are green and <b>workflow initiator is binded to org object properly</b> .

it seems that by default rule 168 communicates using sap user name . <b>can i make standard workflow and rule 168 to work with user number (P) .</b>

please advice what could be the various points i can check it out ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is infotype 105 maintained with the corresponding user id?

It is quite easy to debug the FM behind that rule, also can you close the other threads you have open for the same issue?!

Good Luck

Ravi

surjith_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems that you made mistake in binding. . You just bind Orgobject to the work object id.

Regards,

Surjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

while testing the rule 168 I can get the superior of person by passing

Extended object id = Position

and

object type = ‘S’

but when I try to find the superior by passing

Extended object id = SAP log on name

and

object type as ‘US’

I am unable to get the superior ..

<b>actally when we use position or empid whith respective id type the testing of rule seems to be working fine but when we use object type 'US' and provide sap id it does not find it superior .. the all cases are in testing of rule using pfac_dis and whith the same empids .</b>

as these all cases are in pfac_dis by default the rule uses type US ? or we have some setting for it

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brajesh,

In the workflow you should pass the employee number to the rule and not the user-id. You said that worked when you tested it.

Regards,

Martin

PS Why did you open a new thread as the old one is not resolved yet but handles the same issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes the employee id is maintained in 105 and i am able to get superior

Extended object id = personnel id (4000....)

and

object type = ‘P’

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, your rule is working perfectly while testing, but the problem appears when executing the workflow?

If it is so, then I would say that there are at least couple of possible reasons:

1) there is something wrong in the binding for the rule

2) authorization problem - your test user is not authorized to "search" its superior from the organization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you get the superior (while testing), if you use the object type P (=person)?

Have you assigned user IDs for the persons (infotype 105)?