cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRANSFORMATION

Former Member
0 Kudos

SIrs.

How Can i generate Transformation for business Content Data Source and BW infosource.

my confusion when i create transformation. i want to know how to do map Rule btw fields of BI Content to Fields of BW side.

thankin you

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If your question was how to map - Just place your cursor on the source field and drag ( holding on to it ) it to the Target Field and release.

For errors like " No source assigned " - Right Click on the Target Field - Rule Details - Check if it has Direct Assignment for RuleType.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey Roberto

thanks for ur time

but my Question

which Source object is assign with which InfoOject of BW

i'm workin on BI 7.0 wher we r using Only Transformation

so plzz

seee if u can

help

thanking you

regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

BIW- SE16- RSOSFIELDMAP - F7 - Give the ECC Field Name - You will see the corr IO.

RSOSFIELDMAP

You will see :

OLTPSOURCE

LOGSYS

OBJVERS - Leave this blank

FIELDNM = BELNR ( for example )

IOBJNM

CONVERSION

Width of Output List

Maximum No. of Hits

You may see multiple IO's just pick the relevant ones to the App Area.

Or

To know the right mappings you can take the help of transfer rules of 3.X flow - May be from Sandbox or Save them to a word doc for reference before you migrate TR/UR.

Install 3.X flow first and migrate TR/UR and migrate datasource later.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

select your data source or infocuberight click itcreate transformation----then you have to map the fields between your source field to target field manually by selecting the rule type as direct assignment for every field of your source field to target field.

after selecting the infoobject fields in transformation then select the rule type as direct assignment then select the source field equivalent to target field then enter your infoobject name under infobject assignmentselect enterrule will be mapped. do it for every field.

hope this help you

regards

harikrishna N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Migrate the TR/UR before you migrate the datasouce, this way system would atleast make some automatic proposals while transformation is created if not al.

To know the right mappings you can take the help of transfer rules of 3.X flow - May be from Sandbox or Save them to a word doc for reference.

System hardly generates any mappings while creating a transformation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

sir,

i', workin on BI 7.0

where no Update Rules, is require only Transformation

regards

thanking you