cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OAYZ - input field gray

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm maintaining the default values of depreciation key and useful life for particular chart of depn., however, I found that the said fields are gray out in some assets classes. Anyone knows why? and how to make release the fields for entry?

For those assets classes that I'm able to maintain, after I select the depn key but NOT specify the useful life, the fields of useful lifes are gray as well and not able to make any input afterwards. What is the reason causing this problem?

Thanks and regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try the screen layout for the asset master see the below path.

path:spro-financial accounting-asset accounting -master data-screen layout-screen layout for depreciation segment

select the screen layout of that asset class & change the field status

CHANDRA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, this can allow me to fill up the depn key and the field becomes mandatory, which is different from the others.

I still want to know the cause, and why the newly created assets classes would be different from the others even they are using the same screen layout.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you find the solution? I have the same problem. I can’t propose a useful life for the new assets classes I have created (transaction OAYZ).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Under FA> asset accounting> master data> screen layout> define screen layout for asset depreciation areas, the layout you select for your new assets class need to tick "class" in item "useful life".