cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer production order to a new plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

We are having an implementation for dividing a plant into 2 by creating a new one in SAP. We have to transfer production orders that haven't finished yet in plant A to plant B. We have a scenario like closing the order at plant A as if it is finished and taking the material to stock in plant A, then transferring it by stock transfer posting to plan B, creating a rework prod order in plant B and issuing the material to the rework pro order. But we have concerns about the actual costs of material in both plants because the material will seem to be produced cheaper in plant A lowering the actual cost by taking the weighted average. Is there another suggestion to transfer actual costs in a production order in plant A to another production order in plant B without generic stock transfer.

Umut Rodoplu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Umut,

I would suggest you to post this to FICO forum.

Regards,

Prasobh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer devendra,

But special procurement type is not the case for me because my case will be a one time data transfer from plant A to plant B. I am transferring not a real semi-finished good but only a generic one in order to be able to transfer the actual costs accrued for the production order in plant A up to that time.

Umut RODOPLU

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

to transfer stock from plant to plant ,u have to mainten special procurement type into MRP view -2.So mthat u could transfer stock from plant to plant & issuing receipts against transfer.

Regards