cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple sender file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a file to file scenario a bit particular.

There is a unique receiver file communication channel.

Howerver, I must to create multiple file sender communications channels because sender ftp servers are different (and very numerous ! ).

There is any way to avoid configurate so many receiver determination and interface determination, to implement a multiple sender scenario ?

Thanks, in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carme,

yes, just use the same interfaces and the same business system for the sender. So you have to create just a channel and a sender agreement for each ftp sender. As well you can use joker (*) in receiver determination and interface determination for IF and NS.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo!

I think isn't possible to create two sender agreement with the same Interfase and different communication channel.

Right ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per my knowledge Yes, it is not posible. It will say arleady being used. See my above reply.

So for this you have to create new Receiver Determination & Interface Determinaion.

I am not sure if Udo can suggest you something else.

Regards,

Sarvesh

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

ok, that is not possible. Another idea: Create for each Channel a Business <b>Service</b>. Then you need to create

1. Business Service

2. Channel

3. Sender Agreement

but you can use a joker (*) for the service in the Receiver and Interface Determination, so you need to create that only once.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies,

I never have created a Business Service.

What is a business service conceptually?

Must I have changes in SDL?

What is the difference between business service and business system?

Carme,

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carme,

there is no SLD entry for a business service, they are just created in IB Directory. Usually they are used only for test cases. I recommended them for your issue, because you asked for an easy way to set up mass routing objects. Business Services do not provide a help (because they are not associated to product / SWC), so you must type in Interfaces manually (for example at sender agreement). So best is to create just one agreement manually and copy the next.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Carme,

<b>What is a business service conceptually?

Must I have changes in SDL?

What is the difference between business service and business system?</b>

The ans for above ques is:

A <b>Business System</b> is something that physically exists.

For example, if you want to download a file from a system <b>ABC</b>, by using File Adapter and then want to update the content of this file into R/3 database by using RFC, then the system <b>ABC</b> and the <b>R/3</b> will be your <b>Business Systems</b>, i.e they physically exists.

<b>Business Service</b> is mostly used in B2B scenario, where you don't know the Business Systems of your partner. In other words business service will be used only for those partners which <b>do not have a physical landscape set up</b>. So this is the reason that Business Services do not have an entry in <b>SLD</b>.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carme,

<b>Business systems </b>are logical systems, which function as senders or receivers within XI. Business systems can be SAP systems or third-party systems.

<b>Business service </b>represents an abstract unit for addressing message senders and message receivers. We can use a business service to group interfaces.

It is useful to use business services when configuring cross-company processes. Usually, the interface descriptions of the business partners involved are made publicly available. The system landscape is only partly known.

<b>Business Service:</b> Business service can be created directly in ID, there is no need to do a configuration in SLD. For testing you can create business services. You can create as many business services as you want.

<b>

Business System:</b> Business Systems are first configured in SLD then used. When there is a need to use the system again & again then we go for business system.

Hope this will help you

Regards,

Anushree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Udo,

I'm trying your solution, but I must have an error and i don't find it.

In an scenario N senders (N business service) to 1 receiver (business system called TPV):

Receiver Determination

-

Sender service : *

Sender interface : MI_OUTB

Receiver party : (none)

Receiver service : TPV

Configured receivers: Service TPV

Interface Determination :

-

Inbound interface: MI_INB

Receiver Agreement :

-

Receiver interface: MI_INB

Also I have created several Business Services with CC and Sender agreements.

And I have 2 problems:

• Receiver determination doesn't recognize Interface Determination and REceiver agreement in Configuration Overview

• Error RCVR_DETERMINATION">NO_RECEIVER_CASE_ASYNC in Monitor.

Please, I need your help.

Thanks, in advance

Carme

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carme,

>>>* Receiver determination doesn't recognize Interface Determination and REceiver agreement in Configuration Overview

I dont think this is a problem..

>>>* Error RCVR_DETERMINATION">NO_RECEIVER_CASE_ASYNC in Monitor.

That means, there is no receiver determination for your msg. May be you forgot to activate or some other smal bug. Try to compare the signature (sending service, outbound interface, namespace) at SXMB_MONI and IB Dir / Receiver Determination. There might be a spelling bug..

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Udo,

Outbound interface and semder namespace are the same in SXMB_MONI and Receiver Determination (however, sender service is *).

Changes are actives and cache is ok.

Where is my mistake?

Sure it's not necesary identify Interface determination and recever agreement inside receiver determination ?

Have you check this scenario?

Thanks,

Carme

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carme,

you wrote:

>> Receiver service : TPV

Configured receivers: Service TPV

Check out with no Receiver Service, only Configured receiver..

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Udo

You are right.

Last change solve my problem.

Kind regards,

Carme

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carme,

I never have created a Business Service.

What is a business service conceptually?

--> Sometimes companies don't want to disclose the physical location(IP addres)..for any reason.....it can be security..in those cases we can integrate the systems by making use of Business Services rather then business Systems..

-->Must I have changes in SLD?

Not Reuired in Business Services..

-->What is the difference between business service and business system?

Business systems are related to Technical systems and hence needs to have an entry in SLD.. ...bit it is not the case with Business Services so no entry in SLD....

Rest all things are same...you need to create communication channels as you do in Business systems..

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no way. You have to create the Receiver Determination, Intergaration Determination, Sender agrement & Receiver Agrement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If u have mulitiple Senders then u have to create multiple sender and interface determination..............u cant avoid them.

Regards,

Phani