cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between document date, posting date and created on date in FI

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Would like to know in which scenario can the document date be different from posting date in case of incoming payment which reamains unallocated for a while.

Please correct my understanding : created on date will be the date on which we enter/create in SAP which can be different in case we are uploading the documents from legacy sys.

But will it be different from posting and document date in case this document was created in SAP itself.

Thanks and regards,

Sarah.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sarah

The question you asked can be explained both from FI and SD Point of view.

From FI point of view, The system calculates the daily balance by adding together the account turnovers for each posting date in the reporting period. Account turnovers with a negative sign are interpreted as debit account turnovers and account turnovers with a positive sign as credit account turnovers.

The daily balance per posting date is determined by adding together the posting date balance from the previous day (or the balance carried forward) and the aggregated account turnovers for the posting date you want to calculate. The result is a daily credit or debit balance, depending on whether the total is positive or negative, which is also the balance carried forward for the next day.

From SD point of view, if you want to predate the sales account, you can use the "<i>Actual GI Date</i>" which will be considered as Posting Date. For example, we are now in the month of November and if you want to account any sales in October, while creating Delivery, before doing PGI, if you enter any October date in the above said field, your inventory will get reduced in October only, provided the period is open.

Hope to have clarified your query and if so, reward points please.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

consider the following scenario of invoice creation.

assume the date of PGI is the date of the invoice (doc date) and assume it to be 01.04.07 we are on 23.11.07. now today i want to generate invoice for a delivery for which PGI happend on 01.04.07. so now the doc date is 01.04.07. date of creation is 23.11.07. furhter assume that the accounting docs are not auto created and are generated manually at a later date- lets say 01.12.07. so on .01.12.07 wen u release the doc to accnting then it becomes the posting date. hope i am able to clarify.

saurabh