Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Debugger : How to create breakpoint in source code?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

In BW, I need to analyze when a particular SAP Table is 'hit' with a Select statement.

Without knowing where I can find this code, how do I create a break-point for the particular table? Like breakpoint at 'FROM TABLE XXXX'.

Best regards,

AG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

use ST05 to analyse this

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

use ST05 to analyse this

0 Kudos

Hi,

That's the thing. I've used ST05 and identified which tables are heavily accessed. But I don't know when this table is accessed (not within my code). Debugging step-by-step takes forever, since there is quite a bit of logic.

Isn't there a way to have a break-point at particular source code text, without knowing where it is?

AG

0 Kudos

hi AG,

if you are in debug, in the menu you can see : Breakpoint / By statetment. Here you can give in a statement and the debugger will stop the program when reaching the statement. For example you can give SELECT and it will stop by each SELECT statement. Unfortunately you cannot restrict further, so you have to stop each time, until you reach the table you need, but at least it is not step by step.

ec

0 Kudos

Cheers Eric,

So it's only beginning of statements that can be searched, neither wildcard searches nor in the middle of the source code line.

Appreciate it a lot, thanks again for the clarification.

AG

0 Kudos

to be honest I never tried to add wildcards so, I don't know, but I would except that it won't work with wildcards, however you should give a try!