cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS / MSS DCs not visible in NWDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we would like to read and modify source code of SAP ESS and MSS components. So we follwed the instructions mentioned in the "NWDI Cookbook for XSS Customers".

In the NWDS I imported the development configuration. But neither in the "active DCs" nor "inactive DCs" tab or in the "local DCs" area I can see any DC. What I can see are the dependend DCs with blue symbol icons and two yellow symbol icons, one for ESS and one for MSS. But they do not contain any DC.

Does anybody know what went wrong?

Thank you and best regards,

Marcus

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seems like you forgot to check-in and import the corresponding SCA's into the track.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm a colleague of Macus,

I did as it was described in NWDI Cookbook for XSS Customers. Because we want to change ESS and MSS I created a Track in which I imported

- DI Build Tool 7.0

- EP Build Tool 7.0

- SAP Java Tech Services 7.0

- SAP JEE Engine 7.0

- SAP PCUI GP 600

ESS and MSS sca was added in SC dependencies. Do I have to import the ESS and MSS sca's into the track also?

Thx in advance, Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, these contain the sources.

Warning beforehand: importing the ESS SCA will take a while (think about hours).

Message was edited by:

Pascal Willemsen

Former Member
0 Kudos

How many "about hours"? I started the import for ESS and MSS package on Friday afternoon and CMS is still showing Import is running.

We have NWDI 7.0 SPS 13 running. And I try to import ESS and MSS 600 SPS 9.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check this forum for related posts. There's quite some info to be found on this topic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Depending on the system configuration it would take from 4hrs to more than a day. Please check the CBS logs. Its its still importing them or if the import failed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The import has failed for both ESS and MSS. After the weekend.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Time to check the import logs...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you check the CBS make log? And post the error.