cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

option for missing fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there an option in FCC to capture missing fields in the middle of the file.

I am aware if fileds are missing at the end or have extra at the end.

Thanks

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

You need to Use FCC parameters to write the file, there is no otherway to find out the missing fields in middle of the record.Yours scenario is IDoc2File sceanrio.While population of IDoc there are so many validations to pouplate the Idoc with the correct data.If some of the fields are doesnot have the values and Idoc was populated successfully means that is not a issue.Eventhough if you want to know whether some of Idoc fields are having the values at all times or not, for this you can validate the same in UDF and raise an alert from UDF.

Refer this following link, how to raise the alerts by using UDF

/people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/07/25/triggering-xi-alerts-from-a-user-defined-function

Cheers

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Veera...

I was trying to call you in the weekend for the same problem.

Are you out of region?

As I told you my intension was not to capture the missing filed or alert any.

I just want to reduce that tedious job as it will be a tough process to debug if any fault occurs or if any modifications in the IDOC structure as it deals with thousands of flds.

Any thoughts on this.

Thanks

Kiran

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

seems FCC cannot be avaoided. But can u opt for a workaround? Having the idoc data stored in the manner u want in the application server of R3. Then configure a scneario for file-file that would take the file in app server and put in the target area u wish. This can be done without using XI also by just using F/N modules in R3 for placing the file in the remote system

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey prabhu,

Thanks for the info. But sorry .I cannot do that.

I will loose my work and henceby billing tooo :::)))))

Actually, client wants that 2 be done through XI because, in your manner he might have 2 schedule a job or do some coding part again.

any more clues, pl

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

lemme check and let u know but as i said this can be file-file transfer can be done with and without XI not only by avioding xi

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

u store the file in the xml format itself (no FCC). Later u can have an a bap program that would run to convert xml into meaningful data.....but again billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think No. But what would you do if it is missing, coz in FCC if you have defined the structure and its fixd length then also it will be processed even it is empty.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh,

Yes, I agree with you. But my real problem is I am doing IDOC-File scenario in which Idoc has 4 segments and each segment have 400-500 fields. Now I have to pass fixed lenghts to all these flds is quite laborious and tedious.

Yes, I should have patience in doing that. But I just want to know if there is any alternative method to do or pass this fixed lenghts because...while passing them if I commit any small error also..... only god can understand the trouble i am in.

So I just want to know if there is any alternative method to pass this fixed lenghts for so many no.of flds as all the IDOC flds are also not filled all the time.

Thanks

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh,

Yes, I agree with you. But my real problem is I am doing IDOC-File scenario in which Idoc has 4 segments and each segment have 400-500 fields. Now I have to pass fixed lenghts to all these flds is quite laborious and tedious.

Yes, I should have patience in doing that. But I just want to know if there is any alternative method to do or pass this fixed lenghts because...while passing them if I commit any small error also..... only god can understand the trouble i am in.

So I just want to know if there is any alternative method to pass this fixed lenghts for so many no.of flds as all the IDOC flds are also not filled all the time.

Thanks

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Babu,

I think there is no other way to do it.

You have to do the FCC. I can understand it is very tedious work for you & if any thing goes wrong while doing FCC then you have to again look into it from the start.

Other way you can go for ABAP mapping, but in that you will get the output in one string only.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

My I/p is like this:

001 Kiran Class10 10 20 30

002 Babu Class 10 20 30 40

003 Class 10 20 30 40

004 XYZA Class 10 40 50

Desired O/p

001KiranClass10102030

002BabuClass10203040