cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adapter Specific Identifier error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not able to see the logical system name in Adapter specfic identifier for my business system.

http://rapidshare.com/files/71687434/Error.JPG.html

please find the attached link for error.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/xi-error--unable-to-convert-the-sender-service-to-an-ale-logical-system - can you make this blog as a reference ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

refering to this blog

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/xi-error--unable-to-convert-the-sender-service-to-an-ale-logical-system

I m not able to see the logical system name in Adapter specfic parameter nor I could do a compare to SLD as nothing gets highlighted.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

prasanthi_chavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have u defined logical system for the sender system?? If so it has to highlight when u compare sld content in adapter specific attributes.So try to perform sld cache refresh and check out.

If u have not defined LS then, go to transaction bd54 and define a logical sytem for the sender client. Save your entries and do a sld cache refresh. Now you should be able to see logical system name for sap system in SLD. Once this is done, go to adapter specific attributes and Click on the button "Comapre with SLD" and you should get the LS name and choose that, save and activate your changes.

Regards,

Prasanthi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are doing a File-Idoc Scenario

So we are using a Business service at file sender side and a Business system at the receiver side

We have created everything for Business system and the logical system is also defined in BD54. I could not perform the "Compare with SLD" in Adapter specific even in "edit mode" as when I click on that it does not reflect anything.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could anyone plz provide the updates..

Note: The server is newly installed and will I need to check some thing the post installation of server.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

prasanthi_chavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you getting any errors in moni while testing this scenario..????

If the sender is business service then no need to give any LS name in the adapter attributes. Please give your sender and rcv interfac details for the business service.Then test ur scenario. It shud work fine!!

Thanks!

PS: Reward points for helpful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In moni I m getting "Unable to convert sender to ALE Logical system error". As mentioned earlier, I have the sender as Business service(File) and the receiver as the Business System(R/3).

Now let me know what are the changes to be made

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

prasanthi_chavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) Assign the Logical System Name in SLD for ur receiver SAP R/3 system. Then save the changes and then do a sld cache refresh.

2) As said before, go to ID and choose ur rcv business system and click on the compare from sld button which is next to the apply button. Now u shud able to see the client and LS details in ur adapter specific attributes.

Then test ur scenario..it shud work now!

Thanks!!

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nithiyanandam,

Your sending Business System has no "Adapter Specific Idenitfier". Control that at the sending service at IB Directory. You can just fill the field or, what is more recomentable, change that the logical system name of the Business System in SLD, next delete the Business System in IB Directory and reimport it from SLD. All linked objects wont be touched, no problem.

At we20 (and in SALE) of your ERP system you need of course a suitable partner agreement for that.

Regards,

Udo

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you host images on image shack or an equivalent?

Where these added before importing into the integration directory?

Try clearing the Cache from SLD, changing it and re-saving it.