cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent help!! PDF FORMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to make PDF form print multiple times depending on the amount of lines in the interface table?

For example, as Import we get the table with 5 lines (positions of a document). So we need to print same pdf forms 5 times (data printed will be changing according to the positions data)

how to make it?

help please!!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

That is not a problem at all.

First of all, please review the logic of print program for adobe forms.

This is pretty clear from here: <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/60/f8123e9c6c498084f9f2bafab32671/frameset.htm">Example: Calling Forms in an Application Program</a>

Step [* Call the generated function module ] triggers the generation of the form. Now the easiest way for you is to wrap this call inside loop-endloop statement.

In the loop go through you table of lines you have. Each time transfer only one line to the FM of you generated form.

Another variant to get the same result is to trigger pagebrake for each line inside the form (when creating layout inside Lifecycle Designer ). But as I can understand you are new to the technology and not yet well aqainted with the tools. So in your case first approach is easier.

Regards,

Pjotr Perstnev

Former Member
0 Kudos

WELL the first way is the easiest. I know that!!

BUT I CANT DO CHANGEs IN THE APPLICATION PROGRAM!! I mentioned that.

so i have to figure out how to do it inside the form.

Myabe it will be possible to make the subform as the table row. will it print the form many times then?

im really new to this technology and cant find any info how to do that anywhere.

can u help me out??

Former Member
0 Kudos

> WELL the first way is the easiest. I know that!!

> BUT I CANT DO CHANGEs IN THE APPLICATION PROGRAM!! I

> mentioned that.

> so i have to figure out how to do it inside the form.

Sorry, can't see from your first message where you mentioned, that you can't change the program. If the form is of your design, than how is it called from not your application program? Is there a sort of customizing table where you have to set the name of your form or what?

What can you change out of these 3 objects (Interface, context, layout)?

If you can change interface, than you again have life vest (mean ABAP) inside initialization part of interface. Can this be helpful?

> Myabe it will be possible to make the subform as the

> table row. will it print the form many times then?

> im really new to this technology and cant find any

> info how to do that anywhere.

> can u help me out??

Will try if I can.

If you are still in trouble, send me an email to perstnev <at> mail.ru.

Describe the task in Russain please.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Julia,

If you want the PDF to print the number of records present in the Table, then create 2 Subforms in your PDF Designer.

The Parent Subform should have the Following properties :-

1 --> <b>Layout</b> should be <b>Flow Layout</b>

2 --> <b>Flow Direction</b> should be <b>Table</b>

3 --> <b>Allow Page Breaks within Contents</b> should be Checked.

The Child Subform should have the Following properties :-

1 --> <b>Layout</b> should be <b>Flow Layout</b>

2 --> <b>Flow Direction</b> should be <b>Table Row</b>

3 --> <b>Repeat Suform for each data item</b> should be checked and <b>Minimum count should be set to 1</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

What does it mean Parent and Child subforms?

should they be insinde other one?

But it doesnt work this way... if i create a child subform inside the parent, then i cant check box "Repeat for all items" and etc...

Also in this version i use there's no table row content - only body row.

what am i supposed to do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

WELL the first way is the easiest. I know that!!

BUT I CANT DO CHANGEs IN THE APPLICATION PROGRAM!! I mentioned that.

so i have to figure out how to do it inside the form.

Myabe it will be possible to make the subform as the table row. will it print the form many times then?

im really new to this technology and cant find any info how to do that anywhere.

can u help me out??