SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student I-Card

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are working here on Campus management module. All the student master data has been uploaded through PIQSTC. Now we want to create student Identity Card (I-Card) for each student. How can we achive it, is it provided in Campus Management or we need to create I-cards through reporting.

I will be very thankful to you.

Kind regards,

Sudhanshu

3 REPLIES 3

former_member195888
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

it depends on how you actually want to print the i-Cards. Some institutions have specific hardware for the printing of i-Cards which has also some software. Then you would build an interface (usually a file extract of the data) to this software. If you have a i-Card production printer which you can link to the SAP system directly then you can consider using the correspondence functionality in Student Lifecycle Management. It allows you to make a custom layout using SAPScript (usually not used anymore), SAP SmartForm or Adobe Forms. You can easily include the data from a student through delivered form classes. There are mass functions functions available for creation and printing of correspondence.

Best regards

Joachim

0 Kudos

Hi Joachim,

We have printers with us, can you guide us how to create an i-card, what tables fields, functions or classes etc. are going to be used while creating the i-card through smartforms. And very importantly how to use photo of student in i-card.

Kind regards,

Sudhanshu

0 Kudos

Hi Sudhanshu,

the form class is ISHERCMSF_STUDENT. It contains most likely the required data fields you need.

For the photo please have a look at the IMG activity "Maintain Settings for Student Photo Display". I think in standard we are using document type PIQCOLFOTO with document class JPG. If you want a different format (e. g. BMP) you probably have to create an own docuement type.

The inclusion of the photo in the form likely depends on which form technology you use (Smartforms, SAPScript or AdobeForms). You can retrieve the link of the photo to the optical archive via a function call like HRIQ_IMAGE_URL_GET.

Regards

Joachim