Not able to assign map in Syndicator
I am using Syndication Server of MDM 5.5 SP05 Patch 2 to create an export from my MDM repository into a flat file.
My plan is to define a map and assign it to a repository port for scheduled output.
But I am confused on how to create the map and assign it to the port. Did anyone do that before?
Could you give a step-by-step guide describing a simple case?
Here you can see what I did (severel times) until now:
1. created a system for the repository in the MDM Console (named "System 1")
2. created a port for the repository in the MDM Console (named "Port 1")
Type of port is "Outbound", System is "System 1". Map is empty.
3. in the Syndicator created a map and saw the result on "Destination preview" tab
On the Map Properties Map the Output Remote System is set to "System 1"
4. Saved the map via "File > SaveAs" and named it "Map 1"
5. tried "File > Destination Properties" to set
Remote System=System 1
Error message is "Could not load selected map"
6. tried to save map as "Map 2" and repeated but same error message
7. Back in the MDM Console at the Port no map is selectable as it seems no map is assigned to the port.
I know the documentation "MDM Syndicator Reference Guide 5.5 SP5 July 26, 2007" from SMP and studied it closely.
In the documentation it says:
"To select a remote system, choose from the Remote System drop-down
list in the New Map dialog, shown in Figure 94."
But I can not find the "New Map" dialog. There is no "New" menu item.
It also says:
"The File > Save As command saves to a new map. Use the
File > Save command to save to the current map if it has already been
opened or saved."
I have not "Save" command in my File menu. Just "Save As"
Anyone a hint?
Thanks and best regards