cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation failed: Missing external jar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm using an external jar in my WebDynpro development for ESS. I placed this jar file in the lib folder. Everything works fine when deploying to the development server directly.

During activation, i got the error which describing the imported classes from the jar file cannot be found. I'm confirmed this jar file was uploaded into the open activity prior to the activation.

How to solve this problem?

Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

- julius

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi julius

I think reasson for activation fail is CBS build probelm. As we build our project locally in NWDS, in the same way CBS also builds the project. When CBS is trying to build the project it was not able find your jar file on server.

Regards

Praveen

AndreyH
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

most likely the <i>lib</i> folder, where jar is located, is <b>not registered</b> as source/package folder <b>in DC metadata</b>.

CBS is quite pedantic with that regards and takes into consideration only what is defined in .dcdef

you may adjust DC properties from Development Configuration perspective, but I would recommend to <b>create an external library DC</b> and define dependencies between DCs

best regards

MartinHastik
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi julius,

if you want to use a class in a jar file in your WebDynpro Development DC, you have to do the following steps:

1) create a external library component , copy your jar file into the library folder

2) creating two public parts one of the type assembly the other one of the type compilation

3)create a j2ee library component and use the Public part of type assembly from step one as used component. Build and Deploy that component (sda file) to your server.

4)In your WD DC use the PP from step 1 of type compilation, build the DC -> then you can use the classes of yor jar file.--> Organize Imports

5)Last step: navigate to the properties of your WD project-> select Web Dynpro References -> select Library references and perss add. Enter the name of the j2ee library component ( this is for runtime dependency)

regrds

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

In WD development you can also include external jars in the WD DC itself. The External Library DC approach is better in terms of reusability though.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

Can you give a more detail description on how to include external jar in the WD DC?

Thanks.

- julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

That question belongs in the Web Dynpro forum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you see the jar in the Inactive workspace if you browse the DTR using the DTR perspective of NWDS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

Yes, i can see it in the lib folder in the DTR -> inactive workspace.

Thanks.

- julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you post the build log?