cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DataSource field "Delivery of Duplicate Data Records" greyed in change mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am loading the data from SRM 5.0 system into BI 7.0 system for datasources related to Contracts (0BBP_TD_CONTR_2)

However i see that the transaction data has duplicate records one with the Contract GUID and one as value zero, so while uploading the data into DSO the value appears as zero.

My point is there is an indicator in datasource view, under general subscreen where we can check whether duplicate records are allowed or not. Even if i go in change mode it is appearing as greyed out and i am not sure why is this happening.

Can anybody help me please.

Thank You

Regards

Abhinandan Udupi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

I tried to create the update rules as you told and also select the overwrite option, however, this isnt resolving the problem.

I can still find that the value of zero for Category GUID is getting uploaded into DSO instead of actual value....

So we need to do write routines and resolve this then...i am not sure...

Thank You

Regards

Abhinandan Udupi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

So this change option for duplicate is only available for Master data that means....

However, Praveen could you leaborate further as to where that option of overwrite is. I am uploading data into DSO and have not yet created any update rules.....

Thank You

Regards

Abhinandan Udupi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I beleive Duplicate Records cannot be ignored for Transaction Data and so the feature is disabled.

Only applicable for Master Data loading.

Changelog should overwrite the records as they come.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to my view you can set the update mode as "overwrite" in the update rules of the DSO. So any existing with the same key fields cobination would be replaced by the new record with same combination. The Data fields would be of the new record.