cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reprocess a message in BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my scenario I have configured a BPM where in, if message does not get processed for 25 mins then I have used a control step in the block to trigger alert.

I have noticed that the message crossed the deadline time and triggered the alert.

But the problem is I cannot reprocess that messages as SXI_MONITOR shows chequered flag without any errors.

For your information both message status and outbound status is chequered flag. Also there are no errors shown in the workflow.

Can anybody help me to reprocess such a message?

Regards,

Suraj Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Suraj

logically if you are getting alert then it should come into errot but You can check the status of your workflow as:

goto transaction sxmb_moni there in your message there is a field PE click on that u will be directed to workflow of your message in that there is an icon for technical view click on that u will get all technical details of your process as well as status of your workflo whether it is completed or in error

there you will find where your logic is getting failed

hope this may help you in solving your problem

Thanks

sandeep

PS reward with points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi suraj,

once u trigger the alert , try using cancelling the process using a control step.

regards,

latika.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Latika,

Thanks for your reply. Does it mean that if I use Control step to cancel the process, and if the message get failed due to the same reason, I will be able to reprocess such messages?

Regards,

Suraj Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi suraj,

cancel process in control step will cancel the whole process n set its status to logically deleted.

another msg starts the process instance again.

how do u want to reprocess it?

also refer this blog with something similar.

/people/community.user/blog/2006/10/16/simple-steps-to-get-descriptive-alerts-from-bpm-in-xi

regards,

latika.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It appears the logic in your BPM is not correct then.

It should be in an error status, but it has completed the step successfully! Once the alert gets triggered you need to set status to failed.