cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UWL Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a problem. I create and register the system with the uwl. When I touch "register Item types for all system" I obtain the ERROR:

"System BACKEND1: Fri Nov 23 10:43:37 CET 2007

(Connector) :com.sap.netweaver.bc.uwl.connect.ConnectorException:Fri Nov 23 10:43:37 CET 2007

(Connector) :com.sapportals.connector.connection.ConnectionFailedException:Connection Failed: There was a problem to use JCO: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError".

can you help me?

thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member304001
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

May be useful

The UWL configuration procedure involves the following steps.

Registering the SAP ECC system that will provide work items to UWL. For example, registering the system on which Business Workflow runs

Registering the system-specific work item types that will be provided to UWL

3.1 Create the SAP System in the System Landscape

Create the SAP system that will provide work items. To do this:

1.Choose System Administration  System Configuration  System Landscape.

2.Under Portal Content, navigate to the folder where you have been storing your content.

Create a systems folder as described in N03: Connectivity.

3.Right-click the folder and choose New  System (from template).

4.Select SAP system using dedicated application server or SAP system with Load Balancing (for R/3 system) depending on your system, and choose Next.

5.Enter the corresponding system name and ID, and choose Next.

6.Choose Finish.

7.Choose Open the Object for editing radio button, and choose OK.

8.Define properties for the following categories:

•Connector

•User Management

•ITS

9.In the System drop list menu, choose System Alias.

10.In Alias, add your alias, for example, SAP_R3_Cross, and choose Add.

11.Choose the Save button.

Register Work Item Types:

The work item registration process involves identifying each system by its alias, and then generating the XML description of how to process the work item types to be received by UWL from each system.

1.Choose System Administration  System Configuration  Universal Worklist & Workflow  Universal WorkList - Administration. The system displays the iView titled Registration for item types of Universal Worklist Webflow. The system displays a list of system aliases for which the work item types are not yet registered.

2.Select Register Item Types for New Systems Only button.

Register Item Types for All Systems button is selected to perform the registration for all configured systems. Register Item Types for New Systems Only button is selected to perform registration for systems whose XML processing description has not been downloaded before.

Communication time can require a few minutes for every system. Reduce the amount of communication time required by registering new systems only, unless the Business Workflow task definitions have changed in the system backend.

If you receive a gateway connection error, add the gateway information to the services file as follows:

1.Go to the Enterprise Portal server.

2.Open Windows Explorer.

3.Navigate to C:\Windows\System 32\drivers\etc.

4.Double-click the services file to open it in Notepad.

5.Add the line sapqw41 3341/tcp # SAP Systems Gateway.

6.Save and close Notepad.

3. The screen displays the result Item type registration is finished.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have carried out of step than you indicate.

I have the same error:

System BACKEND1: Fri Nov 23 14:45:15 CET 2007

(Connector) :com.sap.netweaver.bc.uwl.connect.ConnectorException:Fri Nov 23 14:45:15 CET 2007

(Connector) :com.sapportals.connector.connection.ConnectionFailedException:Connection Failed: There was a problem to use JCO: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

There seem to be a problem with the way you are doing the steps.

Request you to go through the link

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a3461636-0301-0010-3787-978...

which shows step by step configuration for UWL.

Regards

Atul Shrivastava

PS:Award points for helpful answer.