cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport of Test Plan / Test Packages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We intend to transport a test plan with all test packages from the development Solution Manager to the productive Solution Manager because in the productive Solution Manager no configuration is allowed.

We are using the Solution Manager functionality to execute manual testing in the following way:

On SOLAR02 the project 'FOUNDATION' is stored. The project 'FOUNDATION' has been migrated from a outstanding sandbox Solution Manager system to all three Solution Manager Systems: DEV, TEST and PROD. Test scripts have been uploaded on the 'test cases' tab of the respective business process branch.

In the development Solution Manager SMD a test plan has been generated using the uploaded test scripts mentioned above.

On the quality assurance Solution Manager the same project 'FOUNDATION' is stored and the same test scripts are uploaded on the same branches.

When the test plan is transported (using the recommended STWB_2 transport functionality) from the development SM to the quality assurance SM there are two issues.

1. The transported test plan cannot be edited / regenerated anymore. An error message "The specified structure does not exist" is displayed. Message number is SOLAR056.

2. The transported packages can be assigned to users but no notes can be added to the test cases. The error message is: "Unable to find template". Message number is SOFFICEINTEGRATION231.

It seems that the transported test plan cannot retrieve the underlying project structure, even it is identical to the project structure of the development SM.

This problem is urgent to us, as the test phase is starting next week.

Thank you very much for your support.

Best Regards,

Marc Reinhardt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marc,

We have experienced similar problems. A transport of the test plan and copies of the test plans have resulted in us loosing status values and test notes.

I was informed it had to do with the fact the information is stored in the GUI. How I don't know, I am not a technical person.

I was wondering if you may have encountered the similar problems I have had above and found ways around it.

You can reach me at daniel.gent@bell.ca as well.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The question has been answered by SAP. Transported test plans can only be edited when the according SOLAR02 - project is transported, too.