cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Watch Alert - Red Flag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I configured EWA for a satellite system in solman but it did not generate the report and instead it had a red flag in the EWA Reports column. Clicking the Red flag it gave the following message:

-

Go to the Service Data Control Center (transaction SDCCN) in the satellite system and check why the data has not been sent.

Typical sources of errors are:

-The RFC connection for the SAP Solution Manager system is not working.

-The 'Task Processor' background job, which collects the session data, has been changed.

-Problems arose while data was being collected (see the detail log for the task that collects the session data).

-A periodic 'SDCC Maintenance Package' task has not been scheduled to check whether your SAP Solution Manager system requests session data.

Session number:

-

Could any one tell me how to overcome this issue If any of you have come across the same problem.

Regards,

Praveen

PS: Useful answers will be rewarded.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you activate SDCCN in your satellite system?

Is your service definition refresh working in your satellite system?

Feel free to revert back.

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I found that some authorizations were missing.. now i have configured to generate ewa today. and in SAP Solution Manager: Active Solutions it shows the system and when I go in instead of the red flag it shows a sand clock and when i click on the early watch alert it says:

Wait for session data

The session is waiting for data from a remote system. Data transfer can take up to one day.

You can also send the data manually.

In the satellite system, start the Service Data Control Center (transaction SDCCN).

Choose Task -> Create. The system displays a task overview.

Double-click Refresh Sessions. A dialog box appears. You can define the attributes of the task.

To start processing the task immediately, select Now in the Scheduling area.

In the Target RFC Destination field, select the RFC connection that points to your SAP Solution Manager system.

Choose Run Task Once.

Confirm your entries. The task appears in the To do view and is marked for processing. When the Session Refresh task has been processed, a new task with the appropriate session type and session number appears in the To do view. This task collects and sends the data for your session. If a new task does not appear, search in the task-specific log for errors that ocurred during the Session Refresh task and make any necessary corrections.

To start the task immediately, select it and right-click to call up the context menu.

Choose Start Now. When the task has been processed successfully, it appears in the Done view. The data has been sent to your SAP Solution Manager system. You can check this in the task-specific log.

Session number:

-

Could anyone tell me if am on the right track?..

PS: useful answers will be awarded...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another update...Even after having the sand clock for a day the report did not run... gave me a red flag.

Couple of questions here:

1) Does the user in satellite system need sap_all role to run task processor... coz it also says that User has no authorizations to start task processor in task log of SDCCN....

2) What tasks need to run in satellite system for EWA to run...

- Praveen

PS: points will be awarded for useful answers.