Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

How to add QLD based reports to user menu

Hi Everybody,

I'm working as a support Consultant, basically a fresher so was trying out things, created a query and based on that created the Layout also using QLD. but my question is how can i get the QLD to the User menu, so that the client can access very easily. This is my first month on job so help me out please, this is for my learning purposes.

and Also if possible explain how do we add QUERIES, FORM as well.

You could also suggest me the solution through E-mail..

Thank you for your time, Good Day.

My E-mail id

ks.shreyas@gmail.com

Regards

Shreyas

Former Member
replied

Hello,

here is the steps :

Procedure

1. To create a print layout for user-defined queries, choose Tools → Queries → Query Print Layout from the menu bar.

2. To create additional print layouts for your user reports, double-click this default print layout to open the Print Layout Designer.

3. Make any required changes and save the layout under a new name.

> Since your new print layout is not linked to a specific user-defined query, you can change layout elements such as the font, color, header data etc. This however, will not have any effect on the query’s content. <-

Linking Print Layouts to User-Defined Queries: You can link a user-defined query to a print layout for user reports.

Steps:

1. To open the Queries Manager, choose with the quick info text Queries Manager from the toolbar.The Queries Manager window appears.

2. Select the required query and choose Create Report.

The query name will be automatically displayed in the field Name. If necessary, you can change this name manually.

3. Choose the required base template (print layout) according to which you would like to print your query and then choose OK.

4. After you link a query to a print layout, to modify the design to use it as a report template, choose Tools &#8594; Queries &#8594; Query Print Layout from the menu bar.

The Query Print Layout… window appears. On the Reports tab page you can see all user queries that are linked to user report templates.

5. Double-click a query name to open the Print Layout Designer window.

6. Make the required changes and save the print layout.

> You can create several print layouts for the same query by saving the linked print layout under different names <-

Printing User-Defined Queries

1. Choose Tools &#8594; Queries &#8594; Query Print Layout.

2. Choose the Reports tab page and select the query you would like to print.

3. Choose File &#8594; Print.

The user-defined query is printed according to its linked print layout.

or :

1. From the toolbar, choose with the quick info text Queries Manager.

2. Select the query you would like to print.

3. Choose File &#8594; Print.

The user-defined query is printed according to its linked print layout.

You can also display a print preview for user-defined queries. To do so, choose File &#8594; Print Preview.

Rgds,

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question