cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

migrate developments from one JDI to another

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Gurus:

i will do a migration of developments in one DEV to another.

i have not touched NWDI before, so maybe some stupid question.

we will setup NWDI in new DEV system.

i assume that i can copy sth like 'project' from old NWDI to new one.

first question: how can i know what kind of developments have been done in old NWDI?

2nd question: how can i know what kind of file generated? .par? .ear? etc.

3rd question: should i assemble .par etc. to SDA and copy to new system and deploy it?

Thank you in advance

Br,

Nikko

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Are you trying to set up a new NWDI server or are you trying to deploy your developments onto a new Development runtime system?

Your "DEV system" term is confusing... What does it mean? Is it a target runtime system for one/some of your NWDI tracks?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Pascal:

our development system is EP NW04. we will setup a new development system of EP7.0 NW04s.

we will also setup a new NWDI server and configure NWDI there.

then, we are going to migrate all developments to the new server.

hope this explains the question.

Br,

Nikko

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikko,

Do you have a special requirement to set up a new NWDI server?

Regards,

Pascal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Pascal:

we will replace EP6 by EP7. thats why i want to that.

but if there is a mthod to mograte it to EP7 enviornment, please advice me.

Thank you

Nikko

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this is the case there's no need to set up a new NWDI server. You can develop for EP7 on the existing NWDI server. All you need to do is update your SC's Usage Dependencies to the 7.00 versions in the SLD and import the 7.00 SCA's into your track.

If you want to keep the EP6 track and code you can define a new version of your SC with these new dependencies and create a separate track for the EP7 development. In order to get the sources from the EP6 track to the EP7 track, you define a Transport Connection in the CMS Landscape Configurator.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Pascal:

latest requirement is we have to move developments in EP6 server to a new EP7 server.

do you have any idea to do that, to ensure developer continue their work?

how to keep code and version?

fyi, SAP has recommendation on migration between same software component version, but i didnt find it for different version.

Thank you in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

- Set up an new track for the EP7 landscape.

- Import the correct base SC's (version & SP level of your EP7 server(s)).

- Define a track connection from the EP6 track to the EP7 track to get all developments into the new track.

- Re-approve your assembled SC's in the EP6 track, this should make them available for import in the Development stage of the EP7 track.

Answers (0)