Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAD error !!

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

While saving and executing a template in Web application designer, i am getting following error :

while saving:

this operation could not be performed because of portal communication error

While executing :

There seems to be an error in the communication with the portal that may at least partly cause this issue. This is like to be caused by portal unavailability or a configuration issue

What can be the cause? we have maintained system object for connectivity bet portal and BI server. what could be the cause?

Regards,

Ameya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Might help in troubleshooting

917950 -SAP NetWeaver 2004s: Setting Up BEx Web

Hope it Helps

Chetan

@CP..

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan,

That was a very good input , thanks a lot.. Now i am in the processing of some of the steps that are described in the NOTE you suggested. looking forward to resolve the issue.

Will update the thread and the points once i solve this issue !!

Thanks again.

Regards,

Ameya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sounds good.

Good Luck to you.

Hope it Helps

Chetan

@CP..

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ameya

Looks like there is no RFC connection between BI and portal servers.Please check with ur basis to setup connection between BI and portal and also role upload in portal.BI WAD is based on BI Java stack and you need to have communication between ur portal and BI.you can check the same in SPRO-> BEX web and follow up the path there.

Hope this helps

Regards

Chandru

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your reply, well i would like to know that which role i need to upload in portal ? and i am a bit new tio this area so would you please tell me where to get this SPRO --> Bex ?

Thanks again,

Regards,

Ameya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameya,

The user role u login to ur BI system should also be maintained as portal role,because these are ABAP roles and portal is based on JAVA roles.there is a tool to upload roles which is done by ur basis team.Also make sure if you dont have SAP_ALL authorizations for ur role.make sure they have included S_RS_BTMP authorization object added to ur role which is mandatory to work in WAD.

regards

Chandru