Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value Assignment in ccBPM

former_member343107
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

There're two container variables "A" and "B" in ccBPM. They have different message interfaces. Variable A has a field "a" and B has a "b" field. How can I assign the value of "a" to "b"? That is, A.a -> B.b.

Best Regards

Jerome

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jerome,

inside BPM you <b>can only</b> pass values in a transfomation step (if you want to pass values <b>to a message</b>)

if you want to pass between container variables (simple type)

you can use container step (assign or append)

but you cannot add value of a container variable (simple type) to an abstract message container

There's no other way sorry...

Regards,

michal

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

however.... there's a little workaround (wich might work <b>in some cases</b>)

you can add dafult values to your message(when creating a data type) and create as many data typeas as you need

with different values

then in BPM do a swich and use appropriate interface mapping

but like I said I is only reasonalble to do it if you have two or three values that you need to map

Regards,

michal

former_member343107
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Thanks a lot for the information. What I need to do is to assign values between two container variables with complex structure. That is to say, I'd like to change the value of a single field of a message without changing other fields. But a "transformation" or "container operation" step will overwrite all the original values of message fields. Is there any solution for this?

Best Regards

Jerome

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jerome,

there is a (dirty) trick. U define a messagetype which includes both structures. All fields r optional. Now u can use the same type for both messages and compress them in n:1 mapping.

Regards,

Udo

former_member343107
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

Can you explain the usage of the n:1 mapping?

Best Regards

Jerome

Answers (0)