Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Systems in same transport domain, but PRD import queue is empty

ThomasKjelsrud
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all!

I have previously set up ERP 2005 development and QAS system, and there has been some development and transporting occuring between these two systems. Now I have installed the production system and added it to the transport landscape in STMS. The three system are in the same transport domain and the same transport group. In STMS I have created the Delivery route to the PRD system.

When I check the import queue for the production system, only transports created AFTER the installation of the production system appear in the import queue. Transports created and released from DEV to QAS before the production system was available is not displayed in the queue.I know that I can add single requests to the import queue easily, but that required a lot of manual work and making sure that the transports are added to the queue in the correct sequence.

How can I get all the transports to appear in the PRD system import queue? In AL11 in PRD, I am able to access the TRANS_DIR and I see all the transport requests in the directory.

Regards,

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

What is the Operating System you are using ?

You could write a UNIX script to import a list of transports directly into production in the sequence you desire.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

"Only transports created AFTER the installation of the production system appear in the import queue." - <b>This is expected</b>

From table E070, you can get a list of all transport imported into QAS system. Sort that list according to the date imported, and save the transport requests into a text file.

Run this below script from production by logging in as <sid>adm.

Provide the transport text file as an input to the script. It will add the transports to queue automatically one by one.

@echo on

set SID=<Prd SID>

set CL=<Client>

set filename=<drive>:\usr\sap\trans\scripts\transports.txt

FOR /F "tokens=1,2* delims=K" %%i in (%filename%) do (

tp addtobuffer %%iK%%j %SID% client%CL% pf=<drive>:\usr\sap\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_%%i.PFL >> )

Before running the script, take a backup of the production buffer at the OS level, incase u need to restore it.

Cheers,

Fahad

ThomasKjelsrud
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Fahad.

Thank you for your proposed solution. I am wondering if I could use the function to forward the request to the PRD system as an alternative to the script below.

I am in an Windows environment, how can I run this script?

Regards,

Thomas

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Put the script in a .BAT file and execute it by simply double clicking it !

ThomasKjelsrud
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all.

I used the "Forward to system" function in the STMS to forward the transports to the production system. That worked fine with no issues.

Thanks!

Regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

i'm facing the same problem but in my case i'm not able to see any thing in my production Queue, if the transport was created before or after the PRD added to the landscape nothing appear there?

the QAS queue is working fine the problem with my PRD no transport apear there

my os is AIX

Thanks

Sherif