cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Migration from existing legacy to SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All ,

We are preparing for cutover of our SRM implementation.

Version in SRM 5.0 tech scenario - Classic.

The business scenario is Sourcing with Bid Invitation.

At our client's place existing legacy is working where they have many open Bid Invitations.

We are looking for a way to migrate these BI to SRM.

Has anyone done this or similar activity before?

I saw one thread

but was not much helpful.

Hence new post.

BR

Dinesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

richard_feco
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dinesh, since bid invitations are quite a operational document type, i.e. usually the bid invitation has not the character of master data or of a document with a long validity -- contrary to e.g. contracts, long term POs etc., I would generally question this as a valid requirement -- effort/money/time vs. business value.

If you still have enough reasons -- you need to custom build something I suppose. I would start analyzing at creation of a bid invitation (out of sourcing) and look up what exactly is posted where -- via debugging + what's on the tables after creation (BBP_PD). Generally, I would say there is too much dependency on master data residing in SRM, i.e. to create valid bid invitations in SRM you have to create certain master data - now existing only in the legacy system -. As well the 'migrated' bid invitations should be for display only.

I would not touch this - only if there is really a biiiiiig reason to do so. For history/reporting purposes I would try to extract the legacy data into BI instead of moving these things around into the SRM landscape.

Richard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for inputs, Richard.

Have raised this issue with SAP as well.

Will post what they say.

BR

Dinesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got following comment from SAP.

depending on the scenario there are two possibilities to upload data

for bid invitations and quotes

- up/download of SRM-documents

according to note 859049

- XML-communication e.g. triggered by XI

this uses XI-message 'QuoteNotification_In' in namespace

'http://sap.com/xi/SRM/Sourcing/Global'

by XI-proxy the SRM-API BBP_API_QUOTE_NOTIFICATION is called

Can be useful for others.

BR

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, you can create SRM documents using function module BBP_PD_<doc type>_CREATE . For bid invitations you have to use function module BBP_PD_BID_INV_CREATE . You have to build the entire structure of the document, that is you have to build an header the items table, the partners table, the organizational structure table and so on...

All these tables are linked together using a relationship between a row of a table and its parent, that is you assign a guid to the header and this guid is assigned to the parent of the items, the same must be done for the other tables required by BBP_PD_BIDINV_CREATE.

Obviously you will have to rebuild all the master data according to the SRM master data (in the busness partner data you will have to specify the guid used in SRM, for example)

Hope this helps.

Regards, Luciano.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any inputs?