cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Master MRP view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have one doubt on Material Master Display & change option. In Material master of one material MRP1 view if the Lot sizing data "Lot size" is FX then in MM03 screen the Rounding Profile & Rounding value fields are not visible at the same time in MM02 those are visible. I checked the Screen - 51 for both the fields thiose are marked for display for MM03 transaction still it didn't populate in FX cases.

If the Rounding value is maintained for Fix lotsizing then it consderd it when the Procurement proposal is converted from PR to PO for raw materials.

My question is whether this is the standard SAP for FX lot size?

When the Lot size is EX then these both the fields are visible in MM03 and MM02.

Please guide.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes its a std.

Regards,

Amit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If this is the standard setting then -

Rounding value is maintained for a particular material in it's

material master when Lot Siz is maintained as"FX"(Fix lotsizing).Then

it consders it when the Procurement proposal is converted from PR (Purchase

requisition) to PO(Purchase Order) for raw materials (After MRP run,MRP element as PR got generated for Qty of Fix Lot size maintained value in

material master but when it is being converted to PO

the rounding value is taken in to consideration & PO qty is increased

according to rounding value.

When for Fix Lot size procedure setting of rounding value are either not relevant or not to be maintained, when those are maintained those makes mess in the procurement proposal conversion from PR to PO.

Please comment

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

kindly let us know what problem you are facing because of this?

Rouding value/profile is not dependent on lot size.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Example:Material ABC

Base unit of measure KG

Lot size FX

Fixed lot size 997.902KG

Rounding value 45.359KG

71,701LB US pound <=> 32,523 KG

MRP creates the PR for Qty:997.902KG & when it is being converted to PO it automatically considers a rounding value & creates PO of Qty:2,299.989LB.As per conversion of KG to LB it should have been created a PO of QTY 2199.99LB but it has taken rounding value into consideration & created a PO of 2299.989LB

Calculation: [(997.902+45.359)X71.701]/32.523 = 2300LB

Problem: The controller checks the PR of 997.902KG & converts it PO where it increased the Qty & that goes unnoticed of controller. Suppliers SKU is 200LB then he can only supply in multiple of 200LB.Thus the 2300LB is wrong PO qty.Then Controller has to manually change these PO Qty.

Hope this gives clear idea of my problem.

Again my questions are 1) If the display of rounding value is Lot size independent then why these fields are not visible in display Material Master MRP1 view?

2) why why this rounding is considered when there in FX lot size as Fix lot size we maintained with some intention of business?