cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Source selection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to load SD master data into BW system for Infoobject 0product ,0material,0vendor,0customer etc,.... But I am unable to find relevant datasource of these objects (text , attribute). How to find that. Infosource is already activated.

I am doing the following steps to load the master data :-

Rsa1-> InObject(0product)-> product (text)->Update rule (0product$0material_text)->Infosource (0material_text) -> Create transfer rule->assign source system

It will give me list of data sources from this list how to find the relevant data source.

Please give me step by step details and help me to solve this problem .

Thanks in Advance

Regards,

Rakesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

raju_saravanan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hellow Rakesh

It won't be much Problem. In RSA5 itself you can find the name of the data source to be used.

I mentioned the data source name. Just check with RSA5.

0PRODUCT_ATTR, 0PRODUCT_TEXT, 0MATERIAL_ATTR, 0MATERIAL_TEXT, 0VENDOR_ATTR, 0VENDOR_TEXT, 0CUSTOMER_ATTR, 0CUSTOMER_TEXT

Hope it will help you

Regards

Saravanan.ar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh

Go to RSA5 in your source system . search for the data sources you would find them under either logistics master data or sd master data and so on . activate the data source.

in rsa6 the data source should be visible if it has been activated ( conveted from d version to a version)

in bw select the relevant application component under source system tab and replicate . assign to info sourc e, activate tr rules, update rules etc...

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi arun ,

All Datasources,Infosources, rules are activated and replicated into BW system. Problem is how to find correct datasource from the list. B'caz infosource name and datasource name is different.

Regards,

Rakesh Pimple

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

I think your datasources are not active in the source system.Goto your R/3 system.Goto RSA5>Find your datasources->Activate it.

Check it in RSA6 of your source system.If they are present Goto BW system and replicate it.Then you can proceed further.

Regards

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik ,

All Datasources are activated and relicated in BW system my problem is how to map them or how to find correct datasource from the list. B'caz infosource name and datasource name is different.

Regards,

Rakesh Pimple