cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Architecture

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'd just like to hear from all the experts whether our system architecture is correct or if there are better ways to do it. We currently have a setup as follow:

<b>Web Dynpro Java</b> for the frontend,

which calls <b>Application Services</b> for the business logic,

these services depend on a seperate <b>Java DC</b> containing all the classes as well as the unit tests,

which in turn retrieve all the data from <b>Entity Services</b>.

What I'm not sure about is whether it's correct to have the Application Services depend on the Java DC, or whether we should rather move all our classed to the ejbmodule project of the CAF DC. If we do this, where do we put the Unit Tests, though?

Thank you,

JP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think this solution is that bad, actually that's how I'd be doing it too.

WDJ for the frontend calling Applications Services (kinda Proxies) for the actual data access.

The separate Java DC is quite ok, depending on your environment (NWDI, Subversion, CVS) the only problem is distributing changes when code changes among those separate DCs appear.

I personally would leave it as it is - a change of the database logic can be easily realized as the Application Services can easily be pointed at something else.

regards,

Bernd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Christian,

The architecture seemed fine to us as well, but sometimes it can be quite difficult to do something in the Java DCs (like accessing Portal services and entity services). That's why I wanted to know if perhaps there is a better way? I know that we can put all the classes in the 'src' of the ejbmodule of the application services, but is there any way that we can do nice logical groupings like we can with Java DCs (we can have multiple DCs for different development groups)?

Thank you,

JP