cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install ADS on my current WAS 640

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I want to install ADS on my current WAS 640 SP12 running on windows machine. I tried to get help from Weblog on SDN about "Struggles with ADS..." with little help.

My main problem is that I don't see the Adobe Components when I goto Install Netweaver Components for JAVA in SAPInst.exe

I have downloaded 51030723_1.zip already

Please help me how to start the installation of ADS.

Also if anyone has a seperate server for ADS, please let me know about the extra configurations required and the System HArdware Configuration required for the same.

Thanks a lot for the help.

Thanks and Regards,

Shubham

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubham,

I guess you have only downloaded ADS components part. Also download Installation master "51030843_1.zip" from service market place.

51030723_1.zip contains only ADs components but to initiate your installation you require Installation master if you have installation master already then check following option under this node.

SAP Netweaver 04 support release 01 -> Netweaver component running on Java -> Adobe -> Adobe document services installation

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavik,

I had an installer already but in that there was no option to install Adobe. I downloded a new installer (though the number was different from what you specified) and I was able to install ADS.

Thanks a lot for the help.

Regards,

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubham,

What is the name of the installer you downloaded?

I couldn't find the 51030843_1.zip in the Support Forum

Thanks in advance,

Olaf

peter_jarsunek
Participant
0 Kudos

Olaf, did you find the file? I have the same problem!

Peter

peter_jarsunek
Participant
0 Kudos

Use the 51031148_1.zip..

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubham,

You can check the ADS installation guide at -

https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/adobe

Under "Interactive Forms based on Adobe Software", choose <b>Media Library</b> then <b>Documentation</b>.

Cheers,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

I have the installation guide already.

It says

1. Log on to your J2EE central instance host as user with administrator rights.

2. Depending on your operating system do the following:

• On Windows

a. Insert the SAP NetWeaver'04 SR1 Installation Master DVD (from now on called <installation_DVD>) in your DVD drive:

b. Run sapinst.exe from the following path:

<installation_DVD>:\IM<xx>\SAPINST\NT\I386

I run the sapinst.exe, but then I cannot see the option to install Adobe Anywhere. It has option to install EP, Collaboration, TREX etc.

Do I need to get the NW04 SR1 installation again?

Regards,

Shubham