cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

namespaces

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi...i am new to XI

1)is it posible to create two same namespaces in diffrent swcv?

2)is it posible to copy all objects from one swcv to another swcv?

thanks in advance

Vishnu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu

1)Yes , u can create same namespace in different SWCV, because namespace is defined in relative to SWCV only, so there is no conflict at all

1) Yes You can by right click on object then select copy to > will ask u to select target SWCV

Rewrd point if it help u understand

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

vikas_agarwal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

1) Yes, you can create two same namespaces in different swcv.

You can say that SWCV acts as a package and Namespace as a class as we have in JAVA and we know that, same name class can exist in different packages similary same namespace can exist in different SWCV.

2) Yes, it is possible to copy all objects from one swcv to another swcv

Regards,

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

Yes it is possible to create same namespaces in different swcv but while activation some warning may come so to avoid it try to activate the namespace as it is created..

It is also possible to copy all the objects from one swcv to another swcv.

Regards,

Anushree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vishnu,

[1]. Its possible to create two same namespaces in different swcv. When we make an attempt it gives a warning message as process log as follows:

Check Result for Object XX-DEMO 1.0   Namespace http://www.orgSivi.com/xi/04 is already defined in the software component version TRAINING 640   Note that this can lead to naming conflicts for the object names

[2].Its also possible to export/copy all the objects to another swcv. Its possible by selecting the swcv and right click to choose the export and follow the spaces given and select the target swcv and give the finish button. This will do the 2nd option that you asked.

Regards

Vinod V Pillai

Message was edited by:

Vinod V

Former Member
0 Kudos

1)is it posible to create two same namespaces in diffrent swcv?

yes its possible but sometimes it makes u confused while selecting the namespace during design ie (MT,MI,MM)......so as u are new try doing interfaces with diffrent namespace till u are confident ......other wise its ok to have

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. I think u have received enuf good ans for this. I ll repeat it once more. It is possible but ll show conflict.

2. I think noone has mentioned about the use of "<b>Release Transfer</b>". Have a look at it

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e8/e8573ba5f13048be50532fc3fcea9c/frameset.htm

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

<b>2)is it posible to copy all objects from one swcv to another swcv?</b>

yes u can reuse the objects of one SWCV in another SWCV.

From SLD page select Software Catalog->as s/w type slect "s/w component"->locate ur SWCV(the object of which u want to reuse)->click on Usage dependency->select the SWCV where u want to reuse->click create->Finish

but remember u cant reuse a message mapping... u have create again...

Regrads

Biplab Das

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<i><i>1)is it posible to create two same namespaces in diffrent swcv?</i>

yes

<i>2)is it posible to copy all objects from one swcv to another swcv?</i></i>

yes

Thanks

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) yes.

Namespace is used to group all the repository object belonging to a particular devlopment under one node.Each object within that namespace is uniquely identified by combination of SWCV,namespace and object name.

The relationship between SWCV and namespace is N:M,so same name space can belong to different SWCV,as long as the object can be identified uniquely.

2) yes,

you have to create dependency to do the same. refer the link below

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2e/a552306887d4428239a5aec74aabe3/frameset.htm

regards,

nikhilbos

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes you can create any no. of namespaces in any SWCV.

yes you can copy your objects that you designed in one namespce to other name space also.

Thanks

Farooq

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>1)is it posible to create two same namespaces in diffrent swcv?</i>

>>>

yes, but it will say there is a conflict.

<i>2)is it posible to copy all objects from one swcv to another swcv?</i>

>>>

you can create a dependency to achieve the same.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2e/a552306887d4428239a5aec74aabe3/frameset.htm