cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File data formats supported by File Adapter in case source is IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anybody tell me what are the different file data formats supported by File adapter?

For eg: .CSV, Tab dilimited, Excel etc.

I have seen all the links from Help.Sap.com about File adapter.

My source adapter is IDOC. IDOC will be having complex structure. Is it possible to convert it in to CSV? Does FCC Supports Complex structure?

I have also seen Note 894815. But does Conversion Agent work in case of IDOC Adapter?

Thanks in adavance.

-Gouri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

File adapter can process all file formats, but for some files you would require modules. For example to process or read the contents of an excel or pdf file you will require an adapter module.

<i>My source adapter is IDOC. IDOC will be having complex structure. Is it possible to convert it in to CSV? Does FCC Supports Complex structure?</i>

>>>

there is a limitation for FCC. - /people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2007/08/03/file-adapter-receiver--are-we-really-sure-about-the-concepts

Conversion agent is a good option - it has quite some ability to read and write any type of format.

ref:

My Blogs;

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2007/03/21/conversion-agent--silence-of-the-repeatinggroup-part-1

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2007/03/21/conversion-agent--silence-of-the-repeatinggroup-part-2

Presentation -

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b0c63b84-19e5-2910-fc81-f4387165...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

Does Conversion agent support complex structure?

What is a difference between adapter module and Conversion agent? Also what are the prerequisites to go ahead with Conversion agent?

-Gouri

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>Does Conversion agent support complex structure?</i>

Complexity is a relative term. I think it is capable enough for handling complex structures.

<i>What is a difference between adapter module and Conversion agent</i>

Module adds functionality to the existing adapters. So it is in addition to the standard functionality provided by an adapter. Conversion agent is a tool. It has to be integrated with XI in one of the 2 ways:

1. Using an adapter module

2. Using Conversion Agent Java API

/people/alexander.bundschuh/blog/2006/03/14/integrate-sap-conversion-agent-by-itemfield-with-sap-xi

For starting with conversion agent, have a look here

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/da1e7c16-0c01-0010-278a-eaed5eae...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/6f1f39a08e6fcae10000000a1553f6/CMSUserGd.pdf

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Jars required for conversion agent and how to download them

• aii_af_cci.jar

• aii_af_mp.jar

• aii_af_ms_api.jar

• aii_af_ms_spi.jar

• aii_af_trace.jar

• aii_af_svc.jar

• aii_af_cpa.jar

download the newest patch of XI ADAPTER FRAMEWORK CORE 3.0

from SAP Service Marketplace. Open the file with WinZip and extract the following

SDAs:

• aii_af_lib.sda, aii_af_svc.sda

• aii_af_cpa_svc.sda

Thanks