cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

responsibilities of demmand planner

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi to all SAP Gurus

whats my query is could any one tell me whats the exact roles and responsibilities of APO Demand planner i mean the working probile in realtime. I would be great full to all for answering my query . u ppl hav hands on exp & knowledge,so please help this novice .

Thanking u in adavance to all

ronald

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank u Srinidhi for ur reply but i let to know some more information reg that.

Thank u

Former Member
0 Kudos

A Demand Planner will have the responsibilities of validating and fine tuning the sales forecast numbers and passing them to the Supply Planners/Production Planners. Once the base forecast is generated by the APO DP forecast models, the demand planners need to keep an eye on those numbers, co-ordinate with the sales & marketing people to make note of any additional sales or deviations and then release those numbers to supply planners (SNP) / Production planners.

They also play a key role in deciding and planning new products launched which do not have earlier sales history, promotion planning and any other 'events' which the system on it's own cannot manage.

Generally, each Demand Planner 'owns' up a group of products (or geographical territory) and has the responsibility of correctly managing the future sales of those products.

Hope this helps.

Srinidhi