cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancing Standard DataSource : URgent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am enhancing the standard datasource Sales Order Header 2LIS_11_VDHDR. Steps i followed:

1. Activated through RSA5.

2. Using LBWE -> Moved filleds from the Pool of available fields of Communication structure.

My question is that if i enhance the standard datasource according to my requirement using LBWE and transffering fields from there, then do i need to write the code for the extended fields using CMOD customer exit or system will fill data for these enhanced fields ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If ur transfering fields from Communication structure to the Extract structure there is no necessity to write Customer Exit for those fields.

If u add Fields to Append structure then only Fields has Custimer Exit for that field to populate data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Praveen,

Solved my confusion. This is what i knew that if we do enhancement using append structure then only coding is required other wise using LBWE we do not !!

1 more thing can u please tell me if i do the change in my extract structure then i have activate it again, then delete the data from setup table using LBWG right ?

after that suppose for billing requirements : tcode : OLI9BW (for filling setup table):

what entries should i fill in the screen there ?

Our client is on the SAP system from past 6 years so the data amount is quite high, any suggestions in that case ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more thing, when i enhance my DataSource through LBWE, after adding up the required fields i maintain the datasource, in there i can see the newly added fields are hidden + they all are checked for 'Field only known in customer exit' (4th column) what's that ? why they are all checked for that and do i need to uncheck them ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dipika,

Yes you should delete and fill the setup tables again to reflect the changes in the data load.

Regards

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dipika,

Yes you need to uncheck them.By default when you customize the datasource the added fields will be in Hide mode.You just goto change mode and uncheck them.

Regards

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raghev thats right i have made them unhide, but there is are 2 other columns after that 1 is for inversion and other is for 'Field only known for customer exit', the enhance fields are checked by default should i uncheck them ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any idea what should i fill in up the screen of setup table fill ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dipika,

Ya by default they will be checked.You should uncheck them.

Regards

Karthik.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just fill the Application area there.ie for SD it will be 11,MM it will be 03.Like that.

Regards

Karthik

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply's.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still have little questions to know !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dipaka,

What you are doing in LBWE is called customization.You are dragging the available fields from pool to your extract structure.No need to write any kind of code for it.Data will be populated by the system.Where as if you are enhancing your extract structure (Append structure)with the fields which are not in the pool then you have to write code in CMOD to populate the data into the fields.This is called enhancements.

Regards

Karthik