cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between physical sample and sample size

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALL,

Whats the difference between sample size and physical sample...

say for eg: there is one inspection lot of qty 100 nos...we take 5 samples from this lot...so physical samples are 5....am i right in this case...?

Then what is the sample size in this case...?

Would appreciate if you can explain with an example...

Regards,

Ameya K.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameya..,

yes for your case physical samples are 5.

check the information in this URL for more.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/2d/351a0c448c11d189420000e829fbbd/frameset.htm.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vee,

Thanks for the answer...

Whats the use of determining the sample size..is it that the 5 primary samples which we remove from a lot will be of 5 kg ( sample size ) each....Plz correct me if im wrong...

Thanks ,

Ameya K.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

As far as I can see this thread is answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

It is not same in real sense.

Sample size is the sample qty calculated as per the Qty of inspection lot and sampling master data.

Physical sample is the sample you collect physically and keep it for future reference. How many samples to be reserved or to be collected is decided by sampling size.

To create inspection lot, sampling size is a must, but not physical sample.

I hope you unnedrstood.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.Physical sample is subpopulation that is taken from a population and that reflects the quality of this population. The population can be an inspection lot.

The name physical sample (unlike the name sample) is mainly used to describe formless (amorphous) subpopulations, for example, of bulk products or continuous products. These subpopulations are taken from a population, based on a sample-drawing procedure.

2. Sample size is Quantity of units (calculated in sample units) taken from a population or subpopulation in order to be inspected.

Ameya if you are clear, please reward teh points and close the thread

Message was edited by:

sandip raut