Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reg. (F4) input help

former_member375669
Participant
0 Kudos

hi experts,

i have inable the standard input help for a input field it is working fine.

but now we want to filter the record on the basis of user entered some value in another input field .

plz help me

point will be awarded

thanks

ashish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member375669
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

This can be done by using field assignment functionality in the DDIC search help.

Nothing needs to be done from webdynpro side, otherthan having the search help as automatic in the context.

Please have a look at following thread for more information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ashish,

Object value selector(OVS) will help for ur situation.

Go thro the program WDR_TEST_OVS.

R else go thro this help.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/30/d7fa41c915da6fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

hope it helps u.

Regards,

Arun.

Reward points if useful.

former_member375669
Participant
0 Kudos

hi arun ,

thanks for suggestion but i want the input help on the previously entered values by the user..

suppose that user enter the CARRID 'AA' then it should display the all the flights of AA in input help of flights..

sorry i dont remember the field names exactly

thanks

anand_nidamanuru
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Instead of Elementary Search help, use Search help collection...

this would resolve the problem you are facing...

I dont understand your requirement regarding previously entered values...

with Webdynpro you have personal value list, in which you can have values like favourites...you can access them always whenever u use search help even without searching...

Please reply incase you need some help.

Thanks,

Anand

former_member375669
Participant
0 Kudos

hi anand,

suppose i have three fields in the screen, now user fill suppose two values of them now he press the F4 for thired one, it should returns only the possible values according to the given values by the user on the screen fields.

when i am using the dictionary help it gives all the values for that field but i want the filtred values on the behalf of user entred on the screen.

i think now i am able to explane my problem.

thanks

Ashish

former_member375669
Participant
0 Kudos

hi anand,

suppose i have three fields in the screen, now user fill suppose two values of them now he press the F4 for thired one, it should returns only the possible values according to the given values by the user on the screen fields.

when i am using the dictionary help it gives all the values for that field but i want the filtred values on the behalf of user entred on the screen.

i think now i am able to explane my problem.

thanks

Ashish