cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem displaying

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have this issue: In EP's Knowledge Management, when attempting to open OpenOffice documents with the extensions *.odt and *.swx files, I will get a pop-up message asking me "do you want to open or save this file". In ths window, the filename becomes <filename>.ZIP instead of <filename>.ODT or <filename>.SWX!

This does not happen to Microsoft Office documents, that is when clicking on Word or Powerpoint documents, they open correctly in the browser.

I encountered this issue in Knowledge Management running in both EP6SP2 and EP7 as well, so this does not seem to be a portal issue.

In addition, this seems to be afflicting PCs with Open Office installed. In PCs without this software, the pop-up window correctly recognises the files as *.odt or *.swx files.

The odd thing is once the so-called "zip" file is saved to the PC and renamed with ".odt" extension, the file can be opened correctly by Openoffice.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi

Check out your mime type associations under:

System Administratio > System Configuration > Knowledge Management > Content Management > Utilities > MIME Types

It looks like the type .swx is not associated with any external appllication in the default implementation.

So you need to register a new mime type for every open office document type and its associated application :

The list of possible mime type for open office:

http://framework.openoffice.org/documentation/mimetypes/mimetypes.html

Please let me know is this works as i'm not in an open source environment to test

it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thank you very much for your help!!

This link is exactly what we needed to resolve our problem.

Thank you once again!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I just realised that the problem is not resolved yet. It seems that the existing ODT files that are already in the Knowledge Management are not set to "application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text " despite us placing the MIME setting for ODT files to this value (previously not in the MIME settings).

How do we change the ODT files's MIME setting so that they are set to "application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text "? Thank you very much!

0 Kudos

Hi

Is the setting not changed in the System Administration > Systems Configuration > KM > Content Management > Utilities > Mime types > MIME Types > ODT ?

Which operating system are your users on ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have already added the ODT settings in System Administration > Systems Configuration > KM > Content Management > Utilities > Mime types > MIME Types.

What I meant was that the existing ODT files, their MIME type settings are NOT updated to "application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text", they still stay at "application/octet-stream".

if you are referring to the users that are accessing the system from their PCs, the PCs are on Windows XP SP2.

Message was edited by:

See Sheng Koh