cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipment Cost: Group Condition Type calculated on a special weight...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the scenario: A shipment (truck) combines multiple deliveries, grouped on a stage when same destination (happens often).

A condition per LB is to be calculated on the cumulated weight per destination (per stage) BUT not simply on the gross weight, but on the heavier of 2 special weights: the business here uses a special formula according to the packaging, and it gives 2 weights (stored in Z fields of LIKP), an actual weight and a cubic weight.

The purpose is to identify for each delivery the heavier weight and to use cumulated the weight across the deliveries to the same destination to calculate the per CWT cost.

This is my first issue: the condition type is defined at Delivery calculation base, Calculation Type Multi-dimensional, and as a group condition). How do I define to use the cumulated of each delivery heavier weight ? In the Scale for condition type view, I used the scale basis D Gross Weight (which is not right..), there is also a field for a Scale Base Value formula, I wondered if that is what I should use..

My 2d issue: once the cost is calculated, I have to re-distribute it on the deliveries as per the proportion of their heavier weight compared to the total weight used for the calculation…Should that be an alternate Condition Base Value formula in the pricing procedure (where xkwert would be….the heavier weight….would that be then a new Z field to be filled in by the user exit determing the heavier value) ??

Thanks a lot, it is a tough one, I know...who is the best ever shipment cost pricing consultant ? !

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

Unfortunately I do not think that you will get an answer now. Either your question is not simple or we do not know.

So in the interest of keeping the Forum tidy and easier to surf through could you please close your thread and either try one of the other forums or try another post. I do not think that most people will bother to look this far back anymore.

Sorry I cannot help as I would if I could.

Regards

Frenchy.