cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

write optimised DSO(symanti Key)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friends, iam new to bw and bi, while i was reading in sap libreary i found one sentence like, if we want to run bex on Write optimised DSO then we need to check for the duplicate recods by running symantioc key.

but when i checked this in w.dso, i could't find any thing to run.

and more over symantic key is for assigning the char. its like a folder.

....my question is how to check the symantic key , to know there were no duplicate recods exists in w.DSO..pls help me.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no setting neccesary in the Bex query for write optimised DSO.If you are to execute the queries on the write optimised DSO then you define semantic key and that you run a check to ensure that the data is unique In this case, the write-optimized DataStore object behaves like a standard DataStore object. If the DataStore object does not have these properties, unexpected results may be produced when the data is aggregated in the query.

<b>semantic key settings have to be made in the DTP itself</b>

<b>Semantic Key Purpose-</b>

The purpose of the semantic key is to identify error in the incoming records or duplicate records. All subsequent data records with same key are written to error stack along with the incorrect data records. These are not updated to data targets; these are updated to error stack. A maximum of 16 key fields and 749 data fields are permitted. Semantic Keys protect the data quality. Semantic keys won’t appear in database level. In order to process error records or duplicate records, you must have to define Semantic group in DTP (data transfer process) that is used to define a key .

<b>PS</b> - If you assume that there are no incoming duplicates or error records, there is no need to define semantic group, it’s not mandatory.

Hope it Helps

Chetan

@CP..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sementic key setting should be set in DTP ,its available in the "extraction tab" and the setting is called as "semantic groups"

Hope it Helps

Chetan

@CP..

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai chetan , thanks for ur rep and as u mention setting in DTP, is that setting for symantic group..

is thate settinf related to error stag.r for duplicate record.

iam bit confused ...could u make me bit more clear on this pls...

Thanks for rep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

functionally yes..for write optimised DSO

Former Member
0 Kudos

ur answer helped me to understand more reg. w.dso

thanks for ur rep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Luck

OSS notes / support packages to overcome any technical difficulties

OSS 1077308: In a write-optimized DataStore object, 0FISCVARNT is treated as a key, even though it is only a semantic key.

OSS 1007769: Parallel updating in write-optimized DataStore objects

OSS 966002: Integration of write-opt DataStore in DTP error stack

Hope it Helps

Chetan

@CP..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This phrase means that if you want to create a query you must check this option. But this kind of DSO is not recommended for bex. If you want to de reporting create an standard DSO.

I hope it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello friends, any help.......