cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock transfer order - directly in stock of material provided to vendor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is there a way to post goods receipt from a stock transfer order directly into the stock of material provided to a special vendor? Like in normal POs where you have the button "Subcontracting vendor"? Or is there a way to open this field for stock transfer orders?

Thanks for your help!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have extensively researched in this area as we have the same requirement in our global SAP implementation.

It apparently, was half way available a solution for this some time before 4.6B to be able to select the check box "SC Vendor" and entering vendor # in delivery address tab for even a stock transport order (within the company code, plant to plant). However, it won't allow you to post in MIGO which will give you error in movement type not available for some entry 101...X X B X...bla bla....

With my knowledge in IM movement types, I have done maximum possible in movement type tables and it gave a typical error which SAP confirmed that due to technical reasons, this STO plant to plant to indicate SC Vendor transfer automatically using 101 O is not given at all. Now, we are upgraded to ECC 5 and in this, when you create STO the check box SC Vendor will not be even available to select. It appears only in display mode where you can't change. I went in debug mode and selected the checkbox to see what happens. In MIGO it gave such a hard error, it just can't be fixed.....

Then, instead of fighting in the dark, I did a simple fix by defining a user exit.

User exit in MIGO looks at a Ztable where I define document type, supply/receiving plants combination, receiving plant and its associated Vendor#.

When it looks at this entry, MIGO populated a dailogue box to users, if the stock should be directly posted to S/C vendor stock? If user presses YES, it posts subsequently to 541 by calling internally MB1B and using the vendor# already defined in the table. This is absolutely the standard way of achieving solution with no damage to the system where MB1B to SC vendor stocks using 541 is done by the system in continuation of 101 for STO instead of user doing the subsequent step. Hope, this helps!

For as many details as you want about Subcontracting Process, movement type and associated account determinations, you may dig into my postings.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.