cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot load external Oracle JDBC driver in JEE5 server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I installed CE 7.1 SP3 downloaded from SDN. I developed a EJB using JPA and wanted to connect an external Oracle 10 database. I firstly tried to create a JDBC driver resource in NetWeaver Adminstrator (nwa). The nwa page showed that load the ojdbc14.jar successfully. But when I checked the status on the nwa page, it shows that the status is unknown.

Any idea? Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ken

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

at first i tested with an "older" driver from Microsoft. This driver works only with 'Vendor SQL'.

Then i found a new driver for SQL-Server-2005 by Microsoft. This driver works with 'Vendor SQL' and with 'Native SOL'.

Both drivers doesn't working with 'Open SQL'. I get the message "you must register your tables using JDDI'.

Best Regards

Bernd

adrian_goerler
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

> Both drivers doesn't working with 'Open SQL'. I get

> the message "you must register your tables using

> JDDI'.

Open SQL works on a logical database catalog called Java Dictionary. Therefore, Open SQL requires that all database tables are created through the Java Dictionary.

Please use the table editor contained in the Java Dictionary Perspective of the NWDS. You create the database tables by deploying a Dictionary archive.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks both of your valuable input. I solved my problem and gave me better idea.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

i installed the JDBC-Driver for Microsoft-SQL-Server 2005 (sqlserver.jar) and the status is unknown too.

But the driver works fine.

To test the driver i created a JDBC-Custom-Datasource (in nwa) with the new driver and test it via telnet dbpool-Tool (Telnet-Command: "<b>test_ds</b> <dsname> Select * from yourtable" ).

To switch in Telnet to the dbpool-Tool call the Telnet-Command: <b>add dbpool</b>.

Best Regards,

Bernd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernd,

Did you use Open SQL for your JDBC driver? I can only start the datasource with Vendor SQL or Native SQL. Anyway, even I can start the datasource (see a green status in nwa), I still cannot access the database. And I found following exception in the log: Exception of type com.sap.sql.log.OpenSQLException caught: JDBC driver not supported for ORACLE database.

Best regards,