cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Self Billing - Internal Invoice

thecardinal
Contributor
0 Kudos

I am trying to configure customer self billing but I am struggling with the concept of the 'Internal Initial Invoice'.

Perhaps I'm making too much of this, but I am kind of missing the point of self-billing if we have already created an invoice that we simply do not send to the customer. In essence, all this is, then, is an automatic complaint handling system!

The help text says to use F2, but this is the standard invoice, so although we can surpress the printing/transmission, we cannot stop the posting to A/R.

Is anybody else using this functionality?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

> I am trying to configure customer self billing but I

> am struggling with the concept of the 'Internal

> Initial Invoice'.

I am not sure if you had chance to look at this link on help.sap.com,it should be helpful.

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/f5/b89537ef68b16be10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm">Self Billing</a>

If you are configuring customer self billing,then "Internal Invoice" is something that happens in the vendor system. Hence not relevant for customer self billing configuration.

> Perhaps I'm making too much of this, but I am kind of

> missing the point of self-billing if we have already

> created an invoice that we simply do not send to the

> customer. In essence, all this is, then, is an

> automatic complaint handling system!

It is not exactly automatic complaint handling system,but automatic billing system.

If the Customer and Vendor systems have been configured correctly and there are no EDI errors,all one needs to do is monitor the system using VSB1 transaction code.

> The help text says to use F2, but this is the

> standard invoice, so although we can supress the

> printing/transmission, we cannot stop the posting to

> A/R.

Though we can use F2 ,Automatic postings will work only if certain parameters are set.<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/0e/5157c704a711d4968400a0c943a141/frameset.htm">Automatic Posting Settings in General Parameters</a>