cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-standard data types in MDM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need a general information. Is it possible to handle non-standard master data in MDM? I know that there are scenarios for material, vendor and custoner master handling (this I consider "standard").

If I would like to use MDM to for ogr. units or g/l accounts or any other data management, consolidation, is it supported by MDM. If yes, how?

Thanks,

ak

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aksik,

If you are refering to standard business content repository for business objects like material,customer,vendor,product etc.SAP MDM provides for these repository but often you do need to customize these repository according to the customer requirement and customer data model.In such situation it is prefered to use your own repository design if you want you can also use the std repositories maps by exporting them and importing them in your remote system.

Regards

Simona

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Simona,

> if you want you can also use the std repositories maps by exporting them and importing them in your remote system

If you create your own repository from the very beginning, the export and re-import of maps won't work. The maps use internal field IDs when storing the mapping. So if you create a new repository, your field IDs will very likely be different from those stored in the map!

BR Michael

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ak,

the MDM "Standard" Repositories are repositories for a few SAP objects and of course delivered as out of the box content from SAP. Surely you can use MDM for different objects, too.

In general you should not mix up the SAP delivered MDM repositories (like customer, vendor, etc.) with the MDM scenarios (like consolidation, harmonization, etc.). The scenarios cover the whole process, e.g. import of data from client systems, deduplication in MDM, export of data to the original or new client systems... MDM provides the technology, the functionality to realize those scenarios. Of course, you need a data model in MDM to do this. SAP has delivered some examples for important objects. Nevertheless you can create your own data models in MDM as well. First you need to check and decide, which MDM scenario you want to use, then - according to your scenario - which data you need in MDM: a consolidation scenario requires data that is useful in matching processes. The data model could be quite small and simple. A harmonization scenario might require more data. Maybe you want to enrich your existing data with information coming from different systems. This requires a "common" set of data through all of your systems...

BR Michael