cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xMII Wizard Instllation

Former Member
0 Kudos

We just installed xMII version 12.0. After installation we can not find item "Wizard Installation" under "Visualization Services".

Could someone help?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Xin,

The Productivity Tools, the ActivePortal and QualityPortal projects (early versions of 12.0 these were in the Optional Projects category in the Menu.jsp), and the Samples project will be delivered through the Download (Manufacturing) category on SDN. I just checked and they have not been published yet so they may still be in the queue to be published by the SDN group.

Since your SDN profile is anonymous I can't tell what company you work for - are you a customer or partner that is currently participating in the 12.0 ramp-up program?

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

Unfortunately I don't have the chance to participate the 12.0 ramp-up program. What I heard is there is no 12.0 ramp-up anymore in Europe.

What I need is to install Produtivity Wizard: Content Generation, Publish Assistant and Script Assistant. Do I need to install ActivePortal and QualityPortal projects in order to get these function?

Regards

Xin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

I read your answer again. As I understand it is Productivity Tools (Productivity Wizards) I need here. However, I can not find it in the Menu.jsp under Visualization Services after installation of xMII 12.0. Do you know why?

Regards

Xin

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Xin,

I guess my original post wasn't quite clear enough - the Wizard installation link you were used to seeing in the Menu (for installing the Productivity Tools) has been removed from the xMII server installation in 12.0. The Wizard installation and the optional projects (which are independent from each other) will need to be downloaded from SDN, but unfortunately they have not been published yet.

The 12.0 ramp-up is scheduled to be completed at the end of November, at which time version 12.0 will become generally available (GA), so I would expect these installation downloads will be available at that time.

I assume you downloaded the 12.0 SCA file from Service Marketplace? I can see it from my SAP employee access, but I didn't realize it was visible to external people not in the ramp-up program.

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for your answer. I didn't dowload 12.0 SCA. SAP Denmark downloaded it. Is it possible to get the Porductivity Tools ASAP? We are going to start a Proof of Concept project for a customer very soon.

Regards

Xin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

How can we download these Installation downloads.I tried searching but could not find them. Could you please provide the link to get this.

Thanks,

Ram

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Productivity Tools and other 12.0 sample project content can now be found on SDN.

Go to: https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/downloads and under the 'Templates, Plug-ins, and Samples' category select the 'for Manufacturing' link.

Best Regards,

Jeremy

Answers (0)