Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to reduce processing time in case of jms to idoc scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

i am doing jms to idoc scenario.

in this i'm using xslt and graphical mapping.

while perfroming E2E testing the messages are taking lot of time to get processed.

please tell me as how can i reduce this processing time or in short how can i overcome this problem.this is a critical issue in production.

regards

madhu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One of the major factor related to Performance is the hardware used. In design terms u can have following

1. If u have a single sesnder message creating more than one idoc, then u could use Idoc packaging.

2. Disable idoc syntax check in sxmb_adm - integration engine configuration, idoc related parameters

3. Avoid ack if any

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi prateek,

thank you for the response.i'm trying your approach.

here i ahve got another scenario wherein i have one sender nd 3 rx

2 are jms to jms,3rd one is jms to jms but 3rd rx needs ackn..

This scenario impelments bpm and xslt mapping,we have used 3 rx det..

now the prob is that ack for first rx is taking too long which is stopping the data being routed to other 2 rx's(receivers).

kindly help me out.

regards

madhu

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont think ur scenario is clear enuf to me. This is wht i understud

One scenario Sender 1 JMS, Receiver 3 JMS - rd JMS only sends ack.

Then u r saying "ack for first rx is taking too long"

Please clarify. Do u have ack from all JMS?

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. To reduce the processing time for JMS -> IDOC scenario, try to get the Average processing time taken by JMS adapter, IE, IDOC adapter for the messages that are processed so far by going thro the Adapter Audit logs, SXMB_MONI race and Time in WE02 in R/3 system. Calculate this for 5 - 10 messages at different time to get the clear idea of which step is consuming more time. Then it will be helpful to focus on tuning that specific step. If you are using BPM, check the processing time taken by PE.

2. Check the Inbound and Outbound queues used by this interface, if required try to configure Prioritized Queue with more time allocated for this interface in Integration Engine.

3. Check the load on the Integration Server when this Interface messages are getting processed, to understand/ isolate the interfaces which are consuming more processing time and system resources.

4. If this is not in Production try to perform the Mapping/ transformation in graphical mapping itself, it will be helpful to minimise use of XSLT mapping to get better performance.

5. Check if the Archive and Delete jobs are running successfully in the Integration Server, since this will free up the occupied resources in the system.

6. If possible post seperate Forum questions for issues in different Interface scenarios, it will be easy to understand the problem for all of us.

Hope this will be helpful,

Regards,

S.Santhosh Kumar