cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Condition buffering in IPC

Former Member
0 Kudos

For our business process we use quotation in CRM and send its to R/3.

We customize transaction, item and product variant in IPC.

We download pricing procedure, acess sequence and other.

ok, its work.

After we have to change access sequence Z1. We want using another condition table. We change it.

But then we try to create quotation - we see that CRM is using OLD aсcess sequnce?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

joseignaciomart
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Denis,

after any change in the customzing, like the one you've done with the access sequence, you have to refresh the IPC buffers. Here you have two ways to do it depending on your IPC release:

- For IPC 4.0 you have to restart your IPC dispatcher and server.

- For VMC 7.0 you don't need to restart it in SM52, but you have to refresh the buffers of the pricing engine. See SAP Note 867428 for details but basically it says that you have to run function IPC_DET_CLEAR_CUST_BUFFER to refresh the customizing data buffers.

Please, reward points if it helps you.

Regards, José Ignacio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!!!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume your pricing procedures are maintained in R/3 and then downloaded to CRM? If this is the case you will need to restart the IPC after changing the pricing procedure and downloading it to CRM.

Hopefully that will work...

Regards,

Damien

Former Member
0 Kudos

I assume your pricing procedures are maintained in R/3 and then downloaded to CRM?

Yes

you will need to restart the IPC after changing the pricing procedure

How I can do it?

sm53?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Restart of the IPC can't be done via a CRM GUI transaction (at least as far as I know). IPC is a service which can be found at the operating system level. There should be a dispather and server service for it. You need to stop and start the IPC dispatcher and then the IPC server (in that order), a job for a basis person.

You'll need to complete a stop and start every time you make an update to your pricing procedure and replicate it to CRM.

Regards,

Damien